takoyaki66

Tokyo DCF final interview and Visa arrived the next day!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Here is a short summary of our IV interview in Tokyo.

On 6/4/2007 we went to the Tokyo embassy for the IV final interview. Our interview was scheduled for 0930 and we arrived around 0800 anticipating lines. To our surprise there was almost no line and we quickly made it inside to get our number. It turns out that we were number 11 even though we arrived 1 1/2 hours early.

They were processing people as we arrived and the entire process took us just about 2 hours to complete. We were told (only the spouse seeking the visa gets to go up to the counter for the final interview) at the end that the visa was granted and would arrive in a week.

The passport with the visa arrived in the mail the next day!

A few tips for others who stumble upon this message:

1. Arrive early as they seem to start processing as soon as folks arrive and do it on a rolling basis. YMMV. Afternoon appointments might not be the same.

2. Although the instructions for the IV interview tell you to bring things that you have already submitted at the I-130 interview (bio forms, tax returns, support doc, birth certificate, etc). once you arrive they give you a paper that says you do not have to resubmit anything you submitted before.

3. There are no phones allowed inside but there is a pay phone in the waiting area just in case you need to reach someone.

4. There is a photo booth in the waiting area so if you forget (or have improper) your pics you might not be out of luck.

Good luck everyone and thanks for the support.

6/5/07 Visa arrived in the mail!

Done and ready to move!

congrats Tako!!!!

We are getting screwed by tokyo and have been put in Administrative processing.We wanted to do DFC after being approved and I had our case transfered to tokyo and once i applied for an interview...we got told we are now in AP.Tokyo hasnt been helpful to us so Im glad you were able to things so smoothly

Congratulations and good luck :thumbs:

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

Timeline

Thanks for the kind words!

K stick in there, once you reach a real person in Tokyo I expect that it will improve. During our two visits they were very nice and treated us well.

I cannot say that I have had the same positive experience with the US centers. Just trying to cancel our pending I-129f and I-130 applications is proving to be a pain. I just want to cancel them so that we do not take up valuable time from other applicants. The folks on the phone were no help and they were not sure which centers I should contact to withdraw our applications.

Good luck to everyone. At least we all filed before the fee increase ;)

Congratulations, Takoyaki. I haven't been on VJ for a while, busy packing and getting ready to move. For a small amount of household goods we found Kuroneko Yamato to be a good and reliable deal.

Good luck on your move!

Edited by iluvmymac

emblem_top2.gifusaflag.gif

Timeline:

01/31/07 - I-130 fedexed to California

02/01/07 - I-130 received by USCIS California

02/13/07 - received NOA1

04/10/07 - Petition approved (64 days)

04/17/07 - Received NOA2, petition on it's way to NVC

05/07/07 - Still nothing from NVC (those bums!)

----------

04/05/07 - Re-filed I-130 at Tokyo embassy with no problems! (didn't need to canx first petition)

04/12/07 - Petition at embassy is approved (7 days!)

04/16/07 - Received notice of approval from embassy, submitted interview request

04/17/07 - Received notice of interview, which will be May 7

05/07/07 - Had interview at embassy, visa approved!

05/08/07 - Passport with visa delivered!!!!

Dang, the Tokyo embassy is fast!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Very nice. Did you have Japanese Residental Visa ?

Since Jan, 23rd, 2007, we can't apply Green card in person in Japan, except for those who have Japanese over 6month residental Visa in Japan..

well done, I will take note on your advice for later.

Timeline

Yes, I have a visa and have lived in Japan for over 8 years now. I had to show proof of residency at the initial I-130 intake interview so they do check.

For moving our stuff we went with Shipmates Japan and have been happy so far. The came and gave us an estimate then packed up everything into 82! boxes. The invoice matched with their estimate so no problems there either.

In 2 months our 82 boxes should hopefully arrive in Vermont.

Cheers

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.