Jump to content
AlexKissley

CRBA for my 7months baby

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

So I was staying here in the Philippines since April 2018 because i found out I got pregnant with my baby. I stayed here because my husband who is Im still applying for his petition. (We just submitted I-860) is living here. Im a naturalized us citizen btw. I got naturalized feb 2016. And has been living in US since 2008. Would there be any problem if Im going to apply for crba for my baby? Please give me any insight. Im not sure how this goes. And how long will it take. Thank you in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlexKissley said:

So I was staying here in the Philippines since April 2018 because i found out I got pregnant with my baby. I stayed here because my husband who is Im still applying for his petition. (We just submitted I-860) is living here. Im a naturalized us citizen btw. I got naturalized feb 2016. And has been living in US since 2008. Would there be any problem if Im going to apply for crba for my baby? Please give me any insight. Im not sure how this goes. And how long will it take. Thank you in advance.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/child-family-matters/birth/first-time-report-birth-abroad/

 

It is fairly easy.  You fill out the application and bring proof of 5 years of physical presence in the US - this can be in the form of lease agreements, W2’s showing you were working there, school records/transcripts showing you were attending school, passport stamps or entry/exit records showing you were present in the US.

You can apply for CRBA, passport, and SS in the same appointment.

For a passport it is best that both parents attend, USC’s or not.  The baby also has to come in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nitas_man said:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/child-family-matters/birth/first-time-report-birth-abroad/

 

It is fairly easy.  You fill out the application and bring proof of 5 years of physical presence in the US - this can be in the form of lease agreements, W2’s showing you were working there, school records/transcripts showing you were attending school, passport stamps or entry/exit records showing you were present in the US.

You can apply for CRBA, passport, and SS in the same appointment.

For a passport it is best that both parents attend, USC’s or not.  The baby also has to come in.

Since I wasnt in US for almost whole 2018 i havent filed tax too. I filed an extension. Im not even sure if i have to file for tax since i dont have anything to file. I can only show my passport stamps that i came here in Philippines april 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AlexKissley said:

Since I wasnt in US for almost whole 2018 i havent filed tax too. I filed an extension. Im not even sure if i have to file for tax since i dont have anything to file. I can only show my passport stamps that i came here in Philippines april 2018.

There is no relationship between taxes and citizenship.

 

There is only a rule that the USC parent show physical presence in the US in order to convey citizenship

Edited by Nitas_man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

There is no relationship between taxes and citizenship.

 

There is only a rule that the USC parent show physical presence in the US in order to convey citizenship

How can i show physical presence when im here in Philippines? Thank you so much for your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AlexKissley said:

How can i show physical presence when im here in Philippines? Thank you so much for your time.

 

https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/child-family-matters/birth/crba/

 

These are the rules.  You have to demonstrate that you physically lived in the US for (5) years.  I provided some suggestions for proof in my first post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

~~Moved to CRBA, from Bringing Family of USC - THe OP is asking about CRBA~~


Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

first gathered all the information and you need to download the crba form ds 2029 and  fill up the form and check the website in Manila and they have a checklist its really easy to fill up the form I did my crba for my baby two years ago and it was successful praise god 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...