Green0101

N-400 interview: Decision can’t be made at this time(N-652)

8 posts in this topic

Hi everybody!

Hope you, everybody are fine. I wanna share something about my N-400. At the beginning when I tried to file online, system  automatically asked me last 5 years travel histories I had to mention. I did & filled correctly, even I applied under 3 years rule. My PR was granted August 2015, that means filling time was May 2018. But I finally applied June 2018. Then July had done Biometric . After that I was waiting almost a year and finally received Interview date before 4th July. I was prepared myself for interview, then just before few days of interview another letter told that interview was canceled due to unforeseen. Really I & all family members were upset. Then finally received again interview date. IO was going over  whole application with me. When IO asked me about 5 years travel history, I requested to clarify IO “from USA” or “before came to USA” travel history . IO told me all travel histories. Before came to USA I worked another country, not in my origin country. IO asked me I need to submit some documents. Then I told to IO the travel (6 months +) was before I came here due to my job. From USA I wasn’t travel to anywhere. 

At the ending IO gave me N-652 with passed English & Civic test, but decision can’t be made at this time.

I was really shocked, surprised & mute.

IO mentioned also hope everything fine, but IO need to review my travel history, if needs anything IO shall contact with me via mail. 

Every exceptional things happened with me. I don’t know, anything am I did wrong? 

Am I need to worry about something? 

I need your valuable support, suggestion and recommendations. Am I need to do anything? 

Hi,

I can't comment on the travel questions, but the "Decision can't be made as this time" thing is common. Sometimes a supervisor needs to review and OK the recommendation of the IO. It happens a lot, so as upsetting as it is, it is PROBABLY routine. Try to not worry until they say something. Good luck.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 9/2/2019 at 1:26 AM, Green0101 said:

Hi everybody!

Hope you, everybody are fine. I wanna share something about my N-400. At the beginning when I tried to file online, system  automatically asked me last 5 years travel histories I had to mention. I did & filled correctly, even I applied under 3 years rule. My PR was granted August 2015, that means filling time was May 2018. But I finally applied June 2018. Then July had done Biometric . After that I was waiting almost a year and finally received Interview date before 4th July. I was prepared myself for interview, then just before few days of interview another letter told that interview was canceled due to unforeseen. Really I & all family members were upset. Then finally received again interview date. IO was going over  whole application with me. When IO asked me about 5 years travel history, I requested to clarify IO “from USA” or “before came to USA” travel history . IO told me all travel histories. Before came to USA I worked another country, not in my origin country. IO asked me I need to submit some documents. Then I told to IO the travel (6 months +) was before I came here due to my job. From USA I wasn’t travel to anywhere. 

At the ending IO gave me N-652 with passed English & Civic test, but decision can’t be made at this time.

IO mentioned also hope everything fine, but IO need to review my travel history, if needs anything IO shall contact with me via mail. 

Every exceptional things happened with me. I don’t know, anything am I did wrong? 

I need your valuable support, suggestion and recommendations. Am I need to do anything? 

So if I understood, you did not put any travel history on your N-400 form?  Did you have work permit work in the country where you worked before coming to US?

Edited by dilip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, Green0101 said:

Hi Mr.Dilip.

Thanks for your reply. You know, I already applied & done interview. Before I came here, worked one of asian country with valid work permit. 

Great! wait for a few more days for supervisor's  review ( routine process) and  the best of luck of your approval. 

On 9/2/2019 at 1:26 AM, Green0101 said:

Hi everybody!

Hi

What does your account status say?

K1

16 August 2013 - I-129F sent to TSC

19 August 2013 - packet received

21 Augist 2013 - NOA1 received

16 September 2013 - Alien registration number changed

30 September 2013 - RFE

25 October 2013 - RFE reply

31 October 2013 - NOA2 received

22 November 2013 - packet shipped to NVC

29 November 2013 - NVC received

3 December 2013 - Packet left NVC

11 December 2013 - Physical packet received by Consulate
26 December 2013 - Interview APPROVED
31 December 2013 -Entry to US
------
AOS
27 February 2014 - Packet sent by FeDex
4 March 2014 - NOA1
28 March 2014 - Biometrics Captured
7 April 2015 - Approved, Card received
------
ROC I-751
21 February 2017 - I-751 Package mailed by USPS
24 February 2017 - Package Delivered
3 March 2017        - Money Order Cashed
6 March 2017       - NOA1 Received in mail dated 27 February
17 March 2017     - Biometrics appointment letter received, appont. 31 March
27 March 2018     - RFE
26 May  2018       - Approval
29 May 2018        - Card arrived in Mail
------
N-400
12 March 2019     - Filed Online
12 March 2019     - NOA1
5 April 2019         - Biometrics Appointment 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.