Edward Becnel

I-94 not found for K2 child - Need for I-485 AOS

9 posts in this topic

I recently married my K-1 fiance and need to file I-485 AOS for her and her son. I found my wife's I-94 on https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/recent-search. But am unable to find the I-94 for her son. I entered all of the information correctly, but it says "No record found for traveler". His passport has the visa page added correctly and it was properly stamped at their port of entry. How do I acquire the I-94 record for her son since the only way to get it is electronically on the web-site (the link I pasted above)?

Edited by Edward Becnel
Added info

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It sounds a bit like what I had to do with my now-stepson. I had to take him, Mom, and all of their paperwork to the CPB Deferred Inspection Station in Seattle. My stepson had copied all of his mother's info to his paper I-94. I had to take them there to get it corrected. I would suggest that you do the same, the record should be somewhere in the system, let them try to retrieve it. If not, they can likely remedy the situtation.

https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/deferred-inspection-sites

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

7 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

It sounds a bit like what I had to do with my now-stepson. I had to take him, Mom, and all of their paperwork to the CPB Deferred Inspection Station in Seattle. My stepson had copied all of his mother's info to his paper I-94. I had to take them there to get it corrected. I would suggest that you do the same, the record should be somewhere in the system, let them try to retrieve it. If not, they can likely remedy the situtation.

https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/deferred-inspection-sites

Do I need to fill out an I-94 by hand and bring it with us? Could this be handled by telephone instead? The nearest CPB Deferred Inspection Station is in Memphis, TN which is nearly 6 hours away. Also, does it matter which CPB station we go to? Can it be the nearest one to where we live (Memphis, TN) or does it have to be the one nearest her port of entry (which was Atlanta, GA). Thanks for your help!

Edited by Edward Becnel

35 minutes ago, Edward Becnel said:

Do I need to fill out an I-94 by hand and bring it with us? Could this be handled by telephone instead? The nearest CPB Deferred Inspection Station is in Memphis, TN which is nearly 6 hours away. Also, does it matter which CPB station we go to? Can it be the nearest one to where we live (Memphis, TN) or does it have to be the one nearest her port of entry (which was Atlanta, GA). Thanks for your help!

I didn't notice at first, but now I see that there is a CPB office at the New Orleans International airport. So, I guess I just need to know if I can go there to resolve this issue or do I have to go to the one nearest their port of entry (which was the Atlanta International Airport)?

Edited by Edward Becnel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~MOved to AOS Family K1/K3, from K1 P&P -The OP is starting the AOS process.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Edward Becnel said:

I didn't notice at first, but now I see that there is a CPB office at the New Orleans International airport. So, I guess I just need to know if I can go there to resolve this issue or do I have to go to the one nearest their port of entry (which was the Atlanta International Airport)?

You have to go to a CBP Deferred Inspection Station, likely all three of you, with your paperwork, to get the situation corrected. You are going to have likely call them, explain your situation, and see which of the offices will be able to help you. Maybe they can do it over the phone, I wouldn't bet on that though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Have you tried reversing the first and middle names?  We couldn't find out K2's I-94, but then someone suggested reversing her first and middle names and we found it.   CBP agent at Dulles simply put her middle name in as her first name and her first name as the middle name.  No problem with social security or AOS with the reversed order.  - Jason

18 hours ago, JasonGG said:

Have you tried reversing the first and middle names?  We couldn't find out K2's I-94, but then someone suggested reversing her first and middle names and we found it.   CBP agent at Dulles simply put her middle name in as her first name and her first name as the middle name.  No problem with social security or AOS with the reversed order.  - Jason

Sure have. As it turns out, they entered his middle name with his first name and added a space in the middle of the middle name. So it was Emmanuel Da Ao insead of Emmanuel Daao. I thought I had tried every variant including:

Emmanuel Lastname

Emmanuel Daao Lastname

Emmanuel Da-ao Lastname

Emmanuel Da Ao Lastname <--- This one worked

Thanks for helping me out!

Timeline

Glad it worked out for you. 

As I mentioned in one of my reviews, in some of my dealings with the CBP, the vaunted Customs and Burrow Patrol, I have sometimes thought that a couple of prickly pear cactus pads strategically located are needed to get their attention, and off of their duffs, and back to work. YMMV.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.