Hedi&kendahl

The NVC AND THE EMBASSY are playing games with me!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi everyone 

my status in the NVC for my case changed to ready since the 8 of August and i sent a e-mail to schedule my interview and they never answered! Today i got a e-mail from the embassy says “Thank you for your email. Please be advised that as soon as we receive your case form the National Visa Center, we will contact you with you interview date and time“

so I called them and they said we don’t have your case yet! And i was like so what is the ready status mean them in the NVC ! They said it means they are done from their job and we don’t have your physical Case. 

I called the NVC they said we sent it and you have to call the embassy! 

Anyone have a idea about what is going on?

18 days since my status changed to ready for now.

thank you.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Hedi&kendahl said:

Hi everyone 

my status in the NVC for my case changed to ready since the 8 of August and i sent a e-mail to schedule my interview and they never answered! Today i got a e-mail from the embassy says “Thank you for your email. Please be advised that as soon as we receive your case form the National Visa Center, we will contact you with you interview date and time“

so I called them and they said we don’t have your case yet! And i was like so what is the ready status mean them in the NVC ! They said it means they are done from their job and we don’t have your physical Case. 

thank you.

What consulate are you assigned?

Timeline
Just now, Hedi&kendahl said:

Consult of USA In Tunisia 

Okay. you might need to check how much time it takes for NVC to transfer you case to Tunisia Consulate. 

It varies by country from one month to three months.

After your file is with consulate  it depends on how many files they have at the present. The Embassy calls for interview in the sequence they received applications from NVC.

so in your case.  If your Priority Date is current and NVC says they sent your file to Embassy. 

You need to figure out how much time they usually take to give you an interview date. 

Timeline

Ready status does not mean your visa is available. You will have to wait for the embassy to make an appointment available for interview. and when your turn comes and they have open time. they will schedule you and send you interview letter. 

Timeline
Just now, AP-1 said:

Ready status does not mean your visa is available. You will have to wait for the embassy to make an appointment available for interview. and when your turn comes and they have open time. they will schedule you and send you interview letter. 

I know that ready status doesn’t mean that my visa is ready, I cannot get a visa without a interview for sure but what I know is that the change of status to ready means that my case is available in the embassy of my country unless what the changed of status means then !

Timeline

I know that ready status doesn’t mean that my visa is ready, I cannot get a visa without a interview for sure but what I know is that the change of status to ready means that my case is available in the embassy of my country unless what the changed of status means then !

status ready means your case is ready for interview to be conducted by embassy. now embassy will schedule your interview. You just have to wait for interview letter. 

They said - 

Thank you for your email. Please be advised that as soon as we receive your case form the National Visa Center, we will contact you with you interview date and time“

so they will contact you after they have finished all the processing and scheduling of files they received before you.

Timeline

I know the wait is never ending. but you are on the last step. I have seen people wait for 5-8 months before interview was scheduled for them. Hopefully Tunisia is not that busy and you can get visa call soon.

Looking at the tracker here for tunisia. Usually they get Visa interview in a month after they receive the application

Edited by AP-1

Timeline
1 minute ago, AP-1 said:

I know the wait is never ending. but you are on the last step. I have seen people wait for 5-8 months before interview was scheduled for them. Hopefully Tunisia is not that busy and you can get visa call soon.

Thank you so much. I hope so yes usually they schedule the interview after a month when they have the case my problem is not the interview the embassy in my country is not busy at all I just got tired from waiting of something without timeline or without a w way to track my case

Timeline

Thank you so much. I hope so yes usually they schedule the interview after a month when they have the case my problem is not the interview the embassy in my country is not busy at all I just got tired from waiting of something without timeline or without a w way to track my case

Yes i know how that feels. If you dont have a particular timeline before of you. But i just checked few Tunisia K-1 Visa timelines here on VJ

They all got interview dates within month or two. 

So your NVC ready status was on 8th august. you just have to wait for a month more my friend. almost there.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, AP-1 said:

Yes i know how that feels. If you dont have a particular timeline before of you. But i just checked few Tunisia K-1 Visa timelines here on VJ

They all got interview dates within month or two. 

So your NVC ready status was on 8th august. you just have to wait for a month more my friend. almost there.

Thank you for your support bro

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hedi&kendahl said:

Hi everyone 

thank you.

It took my case 15 days for the embassy to receive it and after that 2 days to get ready I get the same email as you too when I was waiting.  I kept calling NVC and they told me that they don't send the petition to Tunisia by mail anymore they send it electronically 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, US&TN said:

It took my case 15 days for the embassy to receive it and after that 2 days to get ready I get the same email as you too when I was waiting.  I kept calling NVC and they told me that they don't send the petition to Tunisia by mail anymore they send it electronically 

I know Wiem 😆 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.