fayrog

Questions about Interview

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

1) Our NOA2 will expire before the interview date. Do we need to email the embassy to request an extension or will they automatically extend the expiration?

2) I know that petitioners are not allowed in the interview, but I've read that sometimes the beneficiaries are asked if the petitioners are in Juarez. Is it bad that I will not be there? I was just there for a visit this month and he was here for 2 months previous to that, so we have had a lot of visits.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, fayrog said:

1) Our NOA2 will expire before the interview date. Do we need to email the embassy to request an extension or will they automatically extend the expiration?

2) I know that petitioners are not allowed in the interview, but I've read that sometimes the beneficiaries are asked if the petitioners are in Juarez. Is it bad that I will not be there? I was just there for a visit this month and he was here for 2 months previous to that, so we have had a lot of 

You have made the action needed by passing ths nvc level and are now at embassy level, even if it expires before your interview, nothing bad will happen since it is eligible to be renewed automatically by the embassy at this stage, but if you are too worried then feel free to call your embassy with name of beneficiary and applicant, case number and ask them about it just so you can ease some of the worry of your shoulders. For your second question IOs are different but it has never been a compulsory requirement for applicants to be present on the day of interview, in some rare cases when they doubt about the relationship, they may request the applicant to come for an interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It is curious I am also in the same situation we called the Consulate of Ciudad Juarez and they said there was no problem on the expiration date as long as we already had the interview date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.