NCLouGtG

Preparing the packet for the I-130 application

4 posts in this topic

Hello everybody! I just wanted to ask a few questions about preparing the packet for the I-130 application. Regarding for example tickets/itineraries for travel as part of the proofs, (and I have many, years worth of back and forth tickets)- would it be a good idea if I encircled the main information on those pages of itineraries like passenger names, dates, arrival and departure locations, and/or made small annotations on the pages to help the officer reading them, quickly and better understand what they are looking at?

I just thought, with all the pages and information they would need to read through or look at, it would help out, and quickly and better explain whatever page they;d have to look at. Is this not a good idea? Am I not supposed to write or annotate on any printed proofs? How did you all prepare your proofs? Thanks for all your help.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, NCLouGtG said:

Hello everybody! I just wanted to ask a few questions about preparing the packet for the I-130 application. Regarding for example tickets/itineraries for travel as part of the proofs, (and I have many, years worth of back and forth tickets)- would it be a good idea if I encircled the main information on those pages of itineraries like passenger names, dates, arrival and departure locations, and/or made small annotations on the pages to help the officer reading them, quickly and better understand what they are looking at?

I just thought, with all the pages and information they would need to read through or look at, it would help out, and quickly and better explain whatever page they;d have to look at. Is this not a good idea? Am I not supposed to write or annotate on any printed proofs? How did you all prepare your proofs? Thanks for all your help.

Boarding passes and passport stamps are "evidence" of travel.  Itineraries can be useful in support of the actual evidence, but are NOT evidence of travel.  Sure, it's ok to use a highlighter.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I used post it notes or wrote what the page was on the top. i.e. "Prior I-94 for [name]" or "Prior or "Passport for [Name]" on some of my evidence pages. But I did not use a highlighter, per USCIS guidance.  https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips

5th bullet point. 

Of course I'm still waiting for my NOA2. So take it as you will. 

Welcome me to the world of waiting =) 

Edited by Scott001

I-130                                                                 I-129F

Spoiler

Mailed: Mar. 9, 2019 (Phoenix LB)              Aug. 9,  2019

Delivered: Mar. 12, 2019                               Aug. 12, 2019

NOA1/PD: Mar. 15,  2019 (LIN)                   Aug. 15,  2019

NOA2: Sep. 24, 2019 - Approved                 Sep. 24, 2019 - Denied 

I-130 sent to NVC: Oct. 8, 2019

Received NVC: Oct. 18, 2019

NVC Case#: Nov. 09, 2019 (Assigned to China, should be Japan )

AOS Submitted: Nov. 18, 2019

IV Submitted:  Dec. 23, 2019

AOS/IV Approved: Jan. 16, 2020 

Interview Scheduled: Jan. 23, 2020

Request location change: Mid Nov. 2019 --> Feb. 21, 2020

Contacted my Reps (House, Senate): Feb. 5, 2020 - Rep contacted Guangzhou & Tokyo. 

Response 1: Feb. 11, 2020 - Guangzhou gave copy/paste info to my Rep's office.

Response 2: Feb. 18, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy - Requested transfer fm China - Case moved to Administrative Processing 

A Short Time Later after talking with Rep. Case's office, they contacted the embassies again. 

Response 3: Feb. 21, 2020 - Transfer complete; New interview scheduled.

Interview Date: Mar. 2, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy 

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Issued: Mar. 4, 2020

Visa in hand: Mar. 6, 2020

Time: ~359 Days from start to finish 

POE:  Stupid COVID-19 delaying travel to the US....

POE: Aug. 13, 2020 - San Francisco 

SSN: Oct. 23, 2020

GC: Aug 5, 2021 (51 weeks from entry)

I-751

NOA1 - May 20, 2022 CA Service Center

NOA2 - July 20, 2022 Case Transfered to NBC

NOA3 - Mar 6, 2023 48 month GC extension letter

NOA4 - Sep 1, 2023 Biometrics Appointment 

Update - Oct 6, 2023 Case status update to show fingerprints taken  

:clock:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I scanned all my documents, and then pasted them on a Microsoft Word document. There I wrote titles for every evidence ([name]'s boarding passes, [name]'s passport stamps, etc), and using the same program I highlighted things i thought were important, for example, dates or names on boarding passes, or receipts. Then I printed everything and sent that. I did not highlight anything using a highlighter because, as another poster said, guides tell you you not to use them.

Edited by Iscir

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.