Trevor and Lorie

Birth certificate correction and certificate of finality

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I hope someone here has gone through this and can help give some insight on the subject. 

My fiancee in the Philippines just went through the court process of correcting her BC. The judge ruled in her favor on July 3rd. My fiancée received the court ruling in her mailbox on July 10th. She was told all other parties with involvement of the case must be notified, before they can produce the certificate of finality. As of today August 20th, her lawyer said he filed for the certificate of finality this morning and the judge told him they want to make sure that the case does not get appealed from the OSG. We are confused about this because as he stated and as Philippine law states, if I’m not mistaken, is that the standard waiting period is 15 days and it’s been almost 2 months already......

So if anyone could please help Shed some light on this for us we would appreciate hearing about your experience. Through this entire process we have been told one thing from the lawyer or people in the court only to hear another and have to endure more waiting time. It’s very frustrating for both of us.

So really my ultimate question is....

if anyone has gone through this process recently or a similar one, how long did it take from the time your lawyer filed for the certificate of finality, until you actually received the certificate of finality?

We can’t wait to get this process done. Once we receive the certificate of finality, then we need to wait on the PSA process to release the annotated BC. Does anyone know how long that usually takes after the LCR sends it LBC to the PSA in Manila. I only see that in old posts on here and I see anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months. BTW, we will have inside help at the LCR and the PSA from a friend once we send the documents there. 

Please if anyone has answers on this we would appreciate your response. Our NOA 2 was April 26th and we are still waiting on this court process to complete, that was started last August already 😢

12 minutes ago, TLC2019 said:

Hello, I hope someone here has gone through this and can help give some insight on the subject. 

My fiancee in the Philippines just went through the court process of correcting her BC. The judge ruled in her favor on July 3rd. My fiancée received the court ruling in her mailbox on July 10th. She was told all other parties with involvement of the case must be notified, before they can produce the certificate of finality. As of today August 20th, her lawyer said he filed for the certificate of finality this morning and the judge told him they want to make sure that the case does not get appealed from the OSG. We are confused about this because as he stated and as Philippine law states, if I’m not mistaken, is that the standard waiting period is 15 days and it’s been almost 2 months already......

So if anyone could please help Shed some light on this for us we would appreciate hearing about your experience. Through this entire process we have been told one thing from the lawyer or people in the court only to hear another and have to endure more waiting time. It’s very frustrating for both of us.

if anyone has gone through this process recently or a similar one, how long did it take from the time your lawyer filed for the certificate of finality, until you actually received the certificate of finality?

We can’t wait to get this process done. Once we receive the certificate of finality, then we need to wait on the PSA process to release the annotated BC. Does anyone know how long that usually takes after the LCR sends it LBC to the PSA in Manila. I only see that in old posts on here and I see anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months. BTW, we will have inside help at the LCR and the PSA from a friend once we send the documents there. 

Please if anyone has answers on this we would appreciate your response. Our NOA 2 was April 26th and we are still waiting on this court process to complete, that was started last August already 😢

I hope yours goes well, I'll have my fiance try to answer your question. She went through something similar and the problem is PSA won't release her new birth certificate even with a certificate of finality. Good luck.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, TXBill said:

Just spoke to her. Hers was a correction and something else. From Court decision to finality it took 6 months. It might be because her case is complicated. I hope yours move a lot faster.

Thanks for your response. We appreciate it! Good luck to you and yours!

Timeline
On 8/20/2019 at 7:59 PM, TLC2019 said:

If its Birth Certificate Correction of Clerical Error which she filed in her Local Civil Registry, it would take 4 months. From Local Civil Registry she would have to take the Corrected BC with Certificate of Finality to PSA. I forgot how long it takes for PSA to put the annotations on the new BC. 

I think it's 2 weeks or more.

Had mine done a few years ago.

Edited by 0NI

K1/K2

March 16, 2020 - sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox via USPS

March 19, 2020 - USCIS received I-129f application

March 25, 2020 - got sms text from USCIS receipt notice NOA1

March 30, 2020 - received NOA1 hard copy

November 5, 2020NOA2 from USCIS Case Status Site

November 9, 2020 - received NOA2 hard copy

December 1, 2020 - got Case Number by calling NVC

March 18, 2022 - Case IN-TRANSIT

March 22, 2022 - Case READY

6 hours ago, 0NI said:

If its Birth Certificate Correction of Clerical Error which she filed in her Local Civil Registry, it would take 4 months. From Local Civil Registry she would have to take the Corrected BC with Certificate of Finality to PSA. I forgot how long it takes for PSA to put the annotations on the new BC. 

I think it's 2 weeks or more.

Had mine done a few years ago.

My fiance is trying to do this right now. So she has to take the BC from the local civil registry to PSA herself? I thought that the LCR sends it.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, TXBill said:

My fiance is trying to do this right now. So she has to take the BC from the local civil registry to PSA herself? I thought that the LCR sends it.

Yes. Your fiancee has to bring it to PSA in East Avenue Quezon City for annotation. :)

Edited by 0NI

K1/K2

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, TXBill said:

No she doesn't have to hand carry it to PSA, normal process is to send it by LBC.  Hand carrying is quicker for those in a rush.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

No she doesn't have to hand carry it to PSA, normal process is to send it by LBC.  Hand carrying is quicker for those in a rush.

She went to a PSA outlet the yesterday and she was told LCR is going to send it to them, that it takes 3 to 6 months. She went to her LCR today and she was told to come back in a couple of days to get it, I guess she is to send it herself. 

I do wonder if having her go to PSA Main herself would make them encode it faster, or would they just put it in a stack... like the ones via by LBC. 

We'd ideally like this to be done as soon as possible to be ready for the next steps in the K1

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, TXBill said:

She went to a PSA outlet the yesterday and she was told LCR is going to send it to them, that it takes 3 to 6 months. She went to her LCR today and she was told to come back in a couple of days to get it, I guess she is to send it herself. 

I do wonder if having her go to PSA Main herself would make them encode it faster, or would they just put it in a stack... like the ones via by LBC. 

We'd ideally like this to be done as soon as possible to be ready for the next steps in the K1

Have her ask about Expedited Processing at PSA .. there is usually an extra fee for this, but it gets your documents put at the top of the stack ;)  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
On 8/22/2019 at 7:24 PM, TXBill said:

Oh, wow. That's the main office,right? That is so far from her lcr. But after that she can get it at any PSA?

Yes Sir. After that she can request copies at SM Malls or the PSA website. :)

K1/K2

Timeline
Just now, TXBill said:

Do you know how long it takes for PSA to have it in their system after they receive it?

I think it took me 1 or 2 weeks after I brought it to PSA to get the BC with annotation of corrected errors (PSA copy). I'm not sure how they process papers now cause I had mine done a few years back.

A week ago I went there to get copies of my BC and it only took an hour. Maybe they're faster now.

:)

K1/K2

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2019 at 7:59 PM, TLC2019 said:

hello ! In response of your concern . May i know what kind of correction ? Because i've been processing my psa and now it's for finality. 

First it depends what kind of petition it is. 

Second ,mostly 4months yong processing ,that is the first endorsement. 

Third : in my experience , you need to ask the LCRO about your petition number so that you can call directly to PSA ,to monitor just like mine. I've been waiting for 6months and the LCRO have no idea about my papers they kept waiting the LBC . So i called directly to PSA quezon east  ave.

Fourth , after the first endorsement , the LCRO send it back to PSA main for finality. After that you can get after 2-3weeks . 

Just wait for they have time frame. 

Again may i know what kind of correction ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.