Mr & Mrs T

IR1/CR1 : How long to have interview at Paris Embassy ?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Lisa Pr said:

I assume it's the same ... but I hope for you you can get one faster

Wonderful ...

My case was approved but still not sent to NVC ..

at that pace , I will have my interview next summer ..

i know that is NVC who is scheduling te spouse visa appointments is it the same for the K1?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Wonderful ...

i know that is NVC who is scheduling te spouse visa appointments is it the same for the K1?

No it's not... and probably you would have yours much sooner than the K1... i guess :) and hope for you.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, He and I said:

No it's not... and probably you would have yours much sooner than the K1... i guess :) and hope for you.

Ok thank you very much for your answer 🙏

I hope because I can’t wait to move on .

ad everyone is us I bet 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 8/25/2019 at 7:10 PM, Mr & Mrs T said:

Wonderful ...

Ugh .. yeah it's very frustrating .. I believe for K1 you schedule your interview yourself once the embassy has received your file from NVC and is "ready"for interview .. who knows when that will be ..! 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Lisa Pr said:

Ugh .. yeah it's very frustrating .. I believe for K1 you schedule your interview yourself once the embassy has received your file from NVC and is "ready"for interview .. who knows when that will be ..! 

For the spouse visa I suppose they have an other schedule .

but to see that everything is taking that long for everyone makes me feel sad ..

i am like “ will I ever move to USA one day ? “ 

on the 08/29/2019 it’s one year since I received my NOA1. And I received my NOA2  just few days ago ..my file is sitting in USCIS again for few weeks . 

so to think that maybe between the time for USCIS to send my file to NVC , NVC to “start “ their process and the interview it could take again that long .. I am desperate .. 

i was hoping to be in USA this Christmas but now I know that is impossible ..

arf..😩

Timeline

Hi there,

I think for the IR1/CR1 visa it's much faster than the K1. Took around 3 weeks after NOA2 to get the interview date, and the date was about 3 weeks from there.

Here is my timeline :

NOA1 : 19th of December

NOA2 : 26th of March

NVC received the case : 16th of April

Case number : 13rd of June

Submitted at NVC : 23rd of June

Documentary qualified (CC) : 11th of July

Received Interview letter : 23rd of July

Interview date : 7th of August, but (rescheduled for the 4th of September)

The NVC sent me the interview date and I had to register it on an online platform.

I decided to change the date and I had to contact the embassy directly, and then the online platforme service to be able to change it into their system.

Edited by K-Kwette

Timeline
12 minutes ago, K-Kwette said:

Hi there,

I think for the IR1/CR1 visa it's much faster than the K1. Took around 3 weeks after NOA2 to get the interview date, and the date was about 3 weeks from there.

Here is my timeline :

NOA1 : 19th of December

NOA2 : 26th of March

NVC received the case : 16th of April

Case number : 13rd of June

Submitted at NVC : 23rd of June

Documentary qualified (CC) : 11th of July

Received Interview letter : 23rd of July

Interview date : 7th of August, but (rescheduled for the 4th of September)

The NVC sent me the interview date and I had to register it on an online platform.

I decided to change the date and I had to contact the embassy directly, and then the online platforme service to be able to change it into their system.

Hi @K-Kwette 

thank you for these informations ! 

You give me some hope when I see your timeline ! 🍀

You've been lucky to be approved so fast In Potomac that’s wonderful ! 

I hope for my file to arrive ASAP at NVC for the process to move on because I am ready ! Lol 

some questions if if you don’t mind

- at NVC stage did you have to send paperwork’s by regular mail or you’ve been able to do everything online ? 

- in Paris do we have to bring an “acte  de naissance “ of less than three month ? 

- did you sent some pictures , messages to add proves of  bonafide marriage ? 

Thank tou very much ! 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hi @K-Kwette 

thank you for these informations ! 

You give me some hope when I see your timeline ! 🍀

You've been lucky to be approved so fast In Potomac that’s wonderful ! 

I hope for my file to arrive ASAP at NVC for the process to move on because I am ready ! Lol 

some questions if if you don’t mind

- at NVC stage did you have to send paperwork’s by regular mail or you’ve been able to do everything online ? 

- in Paris do we have to bring an “acte  de naissance “ of less than three month ? 

- did you sent some pictures , messages to add proves of  bonafide marriage ? 

Thank tou very much ! 

Yes we got really Lucky with Potomac… The good thing is you are finally done with Nebraska ans are ready to move to the next stage!!

- For NVC, we uploaded everything online.

- I haven't done my interview yet (it's next wednesday) but yes I think we need the acte de naissance and acte de mariage less than 3 months (really easy to get if the spouse is born in France, I was born in Paris so I can request them online and they send them by mail).

- For the I-130 I prepared a 10 pages PDF with around 9 pictures per page. I haven't provided any message or anything like that. We also have a joint account in the US. For the interview, I will just bring the PDF thing with me I think.

Timeline
1 hour ago, K-Kwette said:

Yes we got really Lucky with Potomac… The good thing is you are finally done with Nebraska ans are ready to move to the next stage!!

- For NVC, we uploaded everything online.

- I haven't done my interview yet (it's next wednesday) but yes I think we need the acte de naissance and acte de mariage less than 3 months (really easy to get if the spouse is born in France, I was born in Paris so I can request them online and they send them by mail).

- For the I-130 I prepared a 10 pages PDF with around 9 pictures per page. I haven't provided any message or anything like that. We also have a joint account in the US. For the interview, I will just bring the PDF thing with me I think.

Thank you very much for your answers!

for the acte de naissance / mariage not that easy where I live . They dont do online so I will have to plan to ask it maybe early As soon I receive my NVC case number I think . 

Good idea for the PDF 

good of luck for your interview !!!!🙏🍀🤞🍀

Timeline
1 hour ago, K-Kwette said:

Also, you might find this thread useful :) :

Merci beaucoup @K-Kwette !!! 

Thread très utile en effet!! Je me suis demandé à un moment si j’étais la seule française sur ce site c’est sympa d’avoir des infos sur ce qu’on doit faire 

Timeline

Hello fellow French members !! 

I am still waiting for my file to be transfer to NVC from Nebraska center( petition approved 08/08/2019 )  but We already print the sample of the DS-260 and there is a lot to do lol 

anyway ! 

My question is for the documents who have to be translated.

we translated ( certified translation ) my birth certificate and the wedding certificate back in 2018 when we sent the petition for the I130 . 

I will make translate the police certificate too in few days . 

So I will send that to NVC right ? 

But when the interview will arrive I will have to bring a less than 3 months certificates  as we do in France and I asked my self if it’s possible to bring a recent certificate with a translation who don’t have the same date of délivrance by the town hall . 

Or do I have again to pay for a translation ?

thank you for your answers !! 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hello fellow French members !! 

I am still waiting for my file to be transfer to NVC from Nebraska center( petition approved 08/08/2019 )  but We already print the sample of the DS-260 and there is a lot to do lol 

anyway ! 

My question is for the documents who have to be translated.

we translated ( certified translation ) my birth certificate and the wedding certificate back in 2018 when we sent the petition for the I130 . 

I will make translate the police certificate too in few days . 

So I will send that to NVC right ? 

But when the interview will arrive I will have to bring a less than 3 months certificates  as we do in France and I asked my self if it’s possible to bring a recent certificate with a translation who don’t have the same date of délivrance by the town hall . 

Or do I have again to pay for a translation ?

thank you for your answers !! 

If the documents are in French and you are doing the interview in France, you Don't need to translate them.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

We are at NVC stage, just got the number and paid the fees.

Question: Ds260 form, can I (US petitioner) fill it in for my French husband? He is not very fluent in English.

Does the form need to be signed by him (manually on paper) and then scanned and uploaded?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.