bukaldrinio

Administrative processing since 2017

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello people in the house,i am here to seek for advice concerning our case...

we got married in  September 2016,then started the process in November 2016...i had my interview at the embassy in Lagos Nigeria on 12/12/2017 and was approved,they gave me the white papers on how to collect my passport and make 220dollar payment for Greenland.

The next day i received call from them to go and collect my passport and wait for an email from them...... 

i received email giving me instruction on how to go for the verification of my divorce degree at High court since i obtain it from there and send them the receipt of the payment...i did that and submit it to them.

then in febuary 2018 they sent me email requesting for the billading of all the cars i have imported from us to nigeria simce i told them in my previous business visa applications which was denied that i deal on cars.....

i sent them the non-negociable its about 58 billading because i sent them both telex copies on email.

since then till now nothing has happend. we have made travel 4time for vacations to dubai and her coming to lagos so to be with each other as husband and wife while waiting.

this is affecting us mentally,emotionally...now my wife health is not stable...she is asthmatic now she has develop High BP........even me too.

please guys i want to know if there is any other  office we can contact to look into our case....we have contacted the congress woman yet nothing has happend.......this is the worst nightmare we have encountered since we enter this world. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
26 minutes ago, bukaldrinio said:

we got married in  September 2016,then started the process in November 2016...i had my interview at the embassy in Lagos Nigeria on 12/12/2017 and was approved,they gave me the white papers on how to collect my passport and make 220dollar payment for Greenland.

The next day i received call from them to go and collect my passport and wait for an email from them...... 

i received email giving me instruction on how to go for the verification of my divorce degree at High court since i obtain it from there and send them the receipt of the payment...i did that and submit it to them.

then in febuary 2018 they sent me email requesting for the billading of all the cars i have imported from us to nigeria simce i told them in my previous business visa applications which was denied that i deal on cars.....

i sent them the non-negociable its about 58 billading because i sent them both telex copies on email.

since then till now nothing has happend. we have made travel 4time for vacations to dubai and her coming to lagos so to be with each other as husband and wife while waiting.

this is affecting us mentally,emotionally...now my wife health is not stable...she is asthmatic now she has develop High BP........even me too.

please guys i want to know if there is any other  office we can contact to look into our case....we have contacted the congress woman yet nothing has happend.......this is the worst nightmare we have encountered since we enter this world. 

Hello VJM it’s sad you guys are going through this trauma , I do hope @Greenbaum can help you with some answers . Goodluck

2 hours ago, bukaldrinio said:

we got married in  September 2016,then started the process in November 2016...i had my interview at the embassy i.....

Your embassy is one of the most difficult ones around to receive a visa. There is nothing more you can do. You just need some more patience.  There are these nightmares all over VJ so it's not just you. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

23 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Your embassy is one of the most difficult ones around to receive a visa. There is nothing more you can do. You just need some more patience.  There are these nightmares all over VJ so it's not just you. 

Naah. Quit the scaremongering; this has little to do with Lagos. From experience, people who are involved in import/export of cars are often flagged for money laundering (and other financial crimes/terrorism), and that better explains a delay of this length.

@bukaldrinio I feel your pain but unfortunately there's little you can do beyond continuing to make case inquiries at the Lagos consulate (usually better to email them in the morning) and through your Congressional rep (try a different rep/senator). Craft a standard email that states how long you've been waiting since 1) case filing, 2) interview, 3) submission of requested documentation, and what negative impacts the delay has had on you (financial, personal -- but don't be too emotional). Acknowledge that the delay may not be from the State Dept, and ask how you can help accelerate the AP. Do so every 60 days or so.

You may also be able to file FOIA requests with the other agencies involved in making the decision (FBI/DHS) to see what the delay is about.

You can file a mandamus lawsuit to force a speedy decision, but if, as I think, a security review is in process, forcing the State Dept to make a decision could lead to an automatic denial.

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, afrocraft said:

Naah. Quit the scaremongering; this has little to do with Lagos. From experience, people who are involved in import/export of cars are often flagged for money laundering (and other financial crimes/terrorism), and that better explains a delay of this length.

@bukaldrinio I feel your pain but unfortunately there's little you can do beyond continuing to make case inquiries at the Lagos consulate (usually better to email them in the morning) and through your Congressional rep (try a different rep/senator). Craft a standard email that states how long you've been waiting since 1) case filing, 2) interview, 3) submission of requested documentation, and what negative impacts the delay has had on you (financial, personal -- but don't be too emotional). Acknowledge that the delay may not be from the State Dept, and ask how you can help accelerate the AP. Do so every 60 days or so.

You may also be able to file FOIA requests with the other agencies involved in making the decision (FBI/DHS) to see what the delay is about.

You can file a mandamus lawsuit to force a speedy decision, but if, as I think, a security review is in process, forcing the State Dept to make a decision could lead to an automatic denial.

Good luck!

we have never heard of fioa please how do we go about it 

4 hours ago, bukaldrinio said:

we have never heard of fioa please how do we go about it 

It's the Freedom of Information Act: the law that allows people to view certain official records that government agencies keep about them, with certain limits. Google "FOIA FBI" (replace with the relevant agency) and you'll see the websites. It's usually free.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.