mex2lou

Got my case# now what? ceac.state.gov error

7 posts in this topic

Our DCF i130 was approved for my wife's CR1 at the Mexican embassy.  A month ago we received a 1 page letter in the mail with a case number and directions to complete DS-260 online at https://ceac.state.gov/IV. When I enter the case# then wife's date of birth and press continue it goes to an error page that reads "Your request cannot be processed at this time." 

I called the NVC multiple times and they were no help. Has anyone seen this before of have suggestions on what to do next?

visaerror.jpg

fgh.jpg

the letter 

appointment.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are DCF you processed through USCIS and then passed on to the embassy (NVC isn't involved).   Contact the embassy as they may have entered something incorrectly.

CEAC is part of the Dept. of State  ;)  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

16 hours ago, mex2lou said:

Our DCF i130 was approved for my wife's CR1 at the Mexican embassy.  A month ago we received a 1 page letter in the mail with a case number and directions to complete DS-260 online at https://ceac.state.gov/IV. When I enter the case# then wife's date of birth and press continue it goes to an error page that reads "Your request cannot be processed at this time." 

I called the NVC multiple times and they were no help. Has anyone seen this before of have suggestions on what to do next?

visaerror.jpg

fgh.jpg

the letter 

appointment.jpg

Hi @mex2lou we are receiving this same error as you. At one point we got to the second or third page (everything was super slow) but then it showed up as an error again. Maybe they are having a problem with their site? 

8 hours ago, Hank_ said:

You are DCF you processed through USCIS and then passed on to the embassy (NVC isn't involved).   Contact the embassy as they may have entered something incorrectly.

CEAC is part of the Dept. of State  ;)  

Thanks Hank,  what would you ask for specifically?  Its really hard to get through to anyone in the embassy that can actually help and Im not sure what the problem is except maybe my case# is wrong. 

2 hours ago, NFBP said:

Hi @mex2lou we are receiving this same error as you. At one point we got to the second or third page (everything was super slow) but then it showed up as an error again. Maybe they are having a problem with their site? 

Hopefully its a temporary problem with the system. How many days has this been a problem for you? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, mex2lou said:

Thanks Hank,  what would you ask for specifically?  Its really hard to get through to anyone in the embassy that can actually help and Im not sure what the problem is except maybe my case# is wrong. 

Hopefully its a temporary problem with the system. How many days has this been a problem for you? 

It appears the CEAC system still has bugs .. this has been going on and off for months now.     I would have hoped they had it fixed by now.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

It appears the CEAC system still has bugs .. this has been going on and off for months now.     I would have hoped they had it fixed by now.

Any suggestions on what to ask the embassy when i call? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, mex2lou said:

Any suggestions on what to ask the embassy when i call? 

If it is still CEAC messing up .. calling the embassy won't help

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.