jeanita68

Can visa be issued the same day of interview

36 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, designguy said:

Does anyone know at what point in the process the background check is done for those who have lived in the US. Is it USCIS that does the check or the state department?Prior to interview or after interview? I am not sure but could have an effect on when the visa is actually issued and delivered to the applicant

My husband lived in US and went back to his country in 2011. They did back ground check at USCIS stage. They took a long time to approve the I130 and kept telling me they was waiting on the back ground check

On 8/8/2019 at 10:05 PM, jeanita68 said:

My husband interview is August 13th. In Dominican Republic, I will be there but have to leave Aug.16th. And would love to bring my husband back with me. I heard you can request to have the visa issued the same day? Has anyone ask and actually recieved the visa the same day? Is it ok that i ask the CO?

Good morning! How are you? Could you share with us your interview experience please? Questions made to you, tips or things to do before the interview date. I will appreciate a lot, thanks in advance and congratulations. 👐

1 hour ago, P-D said:

Good morning! How are you? Could you share with us your interview experience please? Questions made to you, tips or things to do before the interview date. I will appreciate a lot, thanks in advance and congratulations. 👐

Im great. Thanks for asking. The experience was good. It went over all smoothly. They did not ask  for any thing. Except my husband passport n BC when you check in. The interview itself lasted about 5 mins. We got there at 625 for 7am appt. We left at 11am

They only ask what i do for work, is this my first marriage, and if we hve kids together. 

They ask my husband about his first marriage, how many kids he have, if they from his first marriage, n where they live, they ask him if he had any crimes when he was in USA before and when was the last time he was there. They had us sworn in by raising our right hand. Then said approved. 

The guy that interviewed us spoke both spanish n english. He spoke to me in english n my hubsand in spanish.

We brought lots of pictures, recipts, plane tickets he had 2 photo albums n 2 folders full of documents, they didnt ask for nothing. Not even the affividat of support🤷‍♀️

@jeanita68,

Thanks for the update. The fact that the CO did not ask for anything is a good sign. It means you sent them enough evidence in your initial package for them to make the decision. Great job.

Oh, and the affidavit of support you had is not legally binding. That is not the big one. The one you send in when your fiance is Adjusting his status after marriage is the legal binding one. That is the one where you are on the hook if your husband uses public benefits. The difference is that you are not married yet to your fiance, so the one you brought to the interview can't be legal. 

Best of luck to you.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

1 hour ago, Unlockable said:

@jeanita68,

Thanks for the update. The fact that the CO did not ask for anything is a good sign. It means you sent them enough evidence in your initial package for them to make the decision. Great job.

Oh, and the affidavit of support you had is not legally binding. That is not the big one. The one you send in when your fiance is Adjusting his status after marriage is the legal binding one. That is the one where you are on the hook if your husband uses public benefits. The difference is that you are not married yet to your fiance, so the one you brought to the interview can't be legal. 

Best of luck to you.

Thank you. :)

oh and we not fiance, we been married almost 3yrs. And i did ask if we could have the visa same....lol.. i just couldnt help myself. 

he said no, i said but we been waiting so long. He said i know! You will have it soon. Then handed the white instruction paper and said just follow the instructions to pick your visa. 

after we left i check ceac site and it said AP then later that night it said issued. So hopefully we will have it soon. I leave DR on Saturday, but we already decided he will wait til sept 1st or 2nd to come. 

20190814_090524.jpg

My apologies, I thought it was a fiance. Congrats on the approval. He Will be with you in the US soon enough.

Oh and I'm sure the COs get asked about getting visas the same day all the time. So his straight forward response is not surprising. Didn't hurt to ask, tho. And thanks again for sharing with us.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.