Jordancc

After approval wait

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

We were approved a while back 19th June.

I was told that in a month or so I'd be contacted.

This was with a WAC reference number.

After waiting a while, we did some chasing on my fiancees end and was informed that they once again would be in contact with me and on this email was the WAC reference and a new LND reference number.

I've checked all my emails, not received any letters or anything. 

I found a website that can input the LND number however it comes up as not found. From a forum I'm reading, this is normal if they haven't yet contacted you further.

When I try to call the embassy I cant find the correct option to go through as it says please look online..

I'm not sure what to do now and I'm starting to panic as it's been a long time and I believe I read somewhere that you only have a certain amount of time to book the interview..

Thanks guys. 

Edited by Jordancc

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jordancc said:

Hi all,

We were approved a while back 19th June.

I was told that in a month or so I'd be contacted.

This was with a WAC reference number.

After waiting a while, we did some chasing on my fiancees end and was informed that they once again would be in contact with me and on this email was the WAC reference and a new LND reference number.

I've checked all my emails, not received any letters or anything. 

I found a website that can input the LND number however it comes up as not found. From a forum I'm reading, this is normal if they haven't yet contacted you further.

When I try to call the embassy I cant find the correct option to go through as it says please look online..

I'm not sure what to do now and I'm starting to panic as it's been a long time and I believe I read somewhere that you only have a certain amount of time to book the interview..

Thanks guys. 

Input your LND number on ceac.state.gov,  using the immigrant tracker 

Go to the VJ UK regional forum for answers for everything London 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Jordancc said:

You can't get answers on the phone for London. They use a contact form on the embassy website.

57 minutes ago, Jordancc said:

Absolutely no worries there. Your petition is good for four months. Your approval NOA2 will have an expiration date. If you interview after that date, you bring a new letter of intent from the American to the interview. That's it. 

You need to do everything as "Immigrant" because the Immigrant Visa Unit is processing your case and interviewing you. That's "Immigrant" for checking status, booking the interview, contacting them, and getting in line on interview day.

Your embassy's instructions https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

The UK FORUM for further questions https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Bookmark it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 hours ago, Jordancc said:

Thanks, you guys are brilliant! Appreciate it hugely!

@Jordancc

we were approved the same day as you and it took until today until Ryan received his email confirming it was sent. 

I, the petitioner, did not receive anything.

I would not panic as we waited as well until today and I checked the site on ceac.state.gov and now says “In transit”. 

We were a bit discouraged as well and in panic mode. Rest assured it will get there. 

I know it is easier said than done but same happened with us. 

Good luck on your journey and wishing you a fast approval. 🙏

Sarah 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.