Abbeyrise

Both I-130 and I-485 got denied

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please,  I need your advice as both my form I 130 and I 485 got denied on the 27th of June, 2019.

Reason for denial: abandonment 

Uscis issued a denial based on I failed to respond to NOID sent to me on May 14th 2019 which I never received in mail.

Uscis gave me till 27th of july to respond or else the decision would be final. So i have responded by filing a motion to appeal or reopen my case.

The IO said my divorce certificate is a complex one that i wasn't there when the divorce was carried out in Nigeria and may likely issued RFE  later.

Questions: what are my chances of getting my case reopened?

How long does it takes to get case reopen?

And is it possible for me to get new divorce certificate here in US because there are lot misspelling errors on the one customary court issued my ex wife in Nigeria?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I don't have an answer. But I am curious, despite not receiving the physical mail- had you been checking your case status online? I'd imagine there would have been an update there, no? You mentioned USCIS gave you until July 27th to respond to the NOID, but that they denied you on June 27th- is that supposed to be July 27th also?

Timeline

Jmeleecur, thanks for ur response. 

The denial was issued on 27th of june 2019 and I need to respond by 27th of july plus 3 days grace if the denial was sent by mail.

Noid was issued on 14th of May, 2019 but i didn't receive it in mail but i remembered i received receipt notice for my I 765 renewal on the  17th of May, 2019. So i didn't respond and got denied letters on 27th June 2019

As regards to online status, i check that everyday. There are  no updates on my case at that time that NOID was sent to me.

I had my AOS interview on 9th of April, 2019.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Abbeyrise said:

And is it possible for me to get new divorce certificate here in US because there are lot misspelling errors on the one customary court issued my ex wife in Nigeria?

The only way you could get a final divorce decree in US is if you filed for Divorce in the US. So this route will not help you.
Nigeria divorce decrees aren't that complicated. You sure it was done right? You need to fix all the errors now. Did you not look at it when divorce was finalize.

As far as guessing your chances of reopening hard to say. If they feel they sent you the letter they will Deny you. You would have to refile again and pay again.

I don;t get your timeline. I don;t see how you can be denied when the due date of your RFE had not arrived. You say abandonment. Did you by chance leave the US travel back home while you were waiting?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Dwheels76, thanks for ur response.  I did not travel out US. I just didn't receive the NOID in mail until i saw denial in mail around 2nd of July which was issued on the 27th of june,2019.

NOID was said to have been issued on the 14th of May, 2019 for my form I 130 and denial on the 27th of june, 2019 for both I-130 and I 485. Honestly, i didn't receive it and my online status still showed case was received since Sept, 2017.

I filed form I 290B to get it reopened. I just want to know my chances? Or i should file another application? Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.