jagsfl

Finished Up The Packet - One last final look

6 posts in this topic

Hello!

So I have finally finished everything for the I-130 package. Just for one last per-cautionary measure I'd love to have an extra set of eyes and reassurance that I have done things right. I have attached the following into the package:

• The amount of $535.00 for I-130 filing fee
  • Form G-1145
  • Form I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative
  • Form I-130A - Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary
  • Copy of front and back of birth certificate (Petitioner)
  • Copy of marriage certificate
  • Copy of marriage certificate translated into English
  • Two passport-type photos (Petitioner)
  • Two passport-type photos (Beneficiary)
  • Evidence of a bonafide marriage to include:

• Timeline including dates of when and where we met, and our time together
    • Day of marriage photos with beneficiary’s parents
    • Photos of ceremony at beneficiary’s home
    • Passport stamps of our most recent trips (Petitioner)
    • Passport stamps of our most recent trips (Beneficiary)
    • Photos of our recent travels in different countries

As for the photos within the evidence section above ^ (day of marriage photos, photos of ceremony, photos of recent travels in different countries...)  Do they all need to be scanned and printed on paper? I had them all printed normally (by walgreens) and put them into a plastic bag that is labeled. Also, as for those photos, I have a couple from the marriage, several from the ceremony, and over 15+ from our travels together. [the passport stamps are on paper already] If I need to scan them and print via paper I'll do so.

How does the rest look too? Do i need to add anything else?  I have spent hours on this, and will be traveling back abroad soon so i'd really like to have this done correctly the first time without having to send more proof.  Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Edited by jagsfl

August 15, 2019: Submitted Date
September 09, 2019 (around this date): Received NOA1

April 15, 2020: USCIS approved. Sent to National Visa Center

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

IMO, pictures in a plastic bag have a higher degree of probability of becoming separated from the file; therefore, I always suggest printing them on regular paper and adding notations regarding people, location, date, etc.

38 minutes ago, jagsfl said:

How does the rest look too? Do i need to add anything else? 

That depends, what country is the beneficiary from?

38 minutes ago, jagsfl said:

without having to send more proof.

This is only semantics but it's evidence you're sending, not proof.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

don't put them in plastic bag

I scanned about 3 to a paper and labeled date and people 

don't staple

or bind anything

makes it hard for immigration to easily scan your docuents

I sent only 25 photos to show visits and marriage

you can include boarding passes or itinerary to show trips 

16 minutes ago, Ryan H said:

IMO, pictures in a plastic bag have a higher degree of probability of becoming separated from the file; therefore, I always suggest printing them on regular paper and adding notations regarding people, location, date, etc.

That depends, what country is the beneficiary from?

This is only semantics but it's evidence you're sending, not proof.

OK awesome,  will do. Does it have to be colored ink, or will black ink be OK? I may be running out of colored ink here soon lol.

She is from Indonesia. We got the translation of marriage book done, with the help from another member here who recommended someone who does it right, so grateful for that.

By evidence --- does this mean that if I have to send more evidence, that all I need to send is what they request? or would I have to send everything all over again all together?

13 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

don't put them in plastic bag

I scanned about 3 to a paper and labeled date and people 

don't staple

or bind anything

makes it hard for immigration to easily scan your docuents

I sent only 25 photos to show visits and marriage

you can include boarding passes or itinerary to show trips 

Thank you, I'm going to go ahead and scan and print those out now.

I already scanned and printed all of our sheets from each of our passports, but for safe measures I'll go ahead and find some itineraries that I can print up too.

Thank you for both of your help

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, jagsfl said:

OK awesome,  will do. Does it have to be colored ink, or will black ink be OK? I may be running out of colored ink here soon lol.

No requirement to be in color; however, I always suggest color because that makes the picture more clear IMO.

7 minutes ago, jagsfl said:

By evidence --- does this mean that if I have to send more evidence, that all I need to send is what they request?

"Evidence" is the second list of items in your first post; if USCIS felt they needed more from you, they would specifically state what they needed and that is what you would send.  Reading your most recent post, you are working on gathering evidence of time spent together in-person which is your strongest evidence.  No one here can guarantee that you won't receive an RFE; however, you are on your way to make the chances of that happening low.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

3 minutes ago, Ryan H said:

No requirement to be in color; however, I always suggest color because that makes the picture more clear IMO.

"Evidence" is the second list of items in your first post; if USCIS felt they needed more from you, they would specifically state what they needed and that is what you would send.  Reading your most recent post, you are working on gathering evidence of time spent together in-person which is your strongest evidence.  No one here can guarantee that you won't receive an RFE; however, you are on your way to make the chances of that happening low.

Thanks for the quick response and for the help. I see now, makes sense. That's nice to know that I wouldn't have to send a whole 'nother package again. Yep, can't be a guarantee on the evidence - but between all of the photos, passport stamps, itinerary etc, I sure as heck hope it all pans out.  I've seen others send less and they were ok.  Thanks again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.