JudeB77

Biometrics for EAD not AOS

10 posts in this topic

I finally had my biometrics appointment in Memphis yesterday, a little over two months after my NOA1. The letter I received with the details of the appointment said it was for form I765 - not I485 - which I didn't think anything of at the time. I just assumed they did one set of biometrics that covered everything I had applied for.

Now I'm wondering if that was the wrong assumption. Has anyone had to have a second set of biometrics done - one for EAD and one for AOS?

10 hours ago, Ejam007 said:

Same thing happened with me. You will receive a second biometrics for form I-485. 

Oh great. How long after the first biometrics letter did you receive the second? 

2 hours ago, Ejam007 said:

I've received the first biometrics letter about 2-3 weeks now and still waiting on the second. 

Ok. You'd think it would be more efficient for them to do both at the same time...

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Not sure if this helps or not..

We also had out Bio in Memphis. On our letter it said the Bio was for I765 but after the appointment I765 and I485 both changed to finger prints were received. I765 is still saying that but I485 has changed to "we have scheduled your interview" . I dont think you will have to go to Memphis twice for fingerprints. This was posted at the first part of August so maybe you got it all sorted now anyway :)

7 hours ago, Whanlin said:

Not sure if this helps or not..

We also had out Bio in Memphis. On our letter it said the Bio was for I765 but after the appointment I765 and I485 both changed to finger prints were received. I765 is still saying that but I485 has changed to "we have scheduled your interview" . I dont think you will have to go to Memphis twice for fingerprints. This was posted at the first part of August so maybe you got it all sorted now anyway :)

I did end up going to Memphis for a second set of biometrics, on 10 September. The day after that my status changed to case ready to be scheduled for interview, but I haven't heard anything since. Have you got a date for your interview yet? If so, how long after your biometrics appointment is/ was it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
15 hours ago, JudeB77 said:

I did end up going to Memphis for a second set of biometrics, on 10 September. The day after that my status changed to case ready to be scheduled for interview, but I haven't heard anything since. Have you got a date for your interview yet? If so, how long after your biometrics appointment is/ was it?

Im sorry you had to endure Memphis traffic twice lol. Did you also go to the field office on the other side of town? I believe technically its in Bartlett? We have not gotten the letter yet. We are hoping it comes Friday as that would be a week since the app updated that we got the interview scheduled. 

Bio was like around July 24th. It was about a month before it changed to ready to schedule interview. The AP and EAD are still not really showing changes. AP says they received the packet (yay I guess) and EAD says finger prints were received. 

Edited by Whanlin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.