Undecided

Do I have to have exact dates for things that happened a long time ago

9 posts in this topic

Specifically, while I know the date my first marriage ended, I have no idea when it began. Well I can probably work out a year, but everything else is less than memorable. Any suggestions?

woops - ignore me it’s on the divorce decree.

Edited by Undecided

But in the other hand, I think I’m going to have to use a paper application. The online form keeps telling me my former husbands dob must be before the date of our marriage, which is fair enough if  it was, but it isn’t. I’ve triple checked. The  website keeps giving me an error, sigh.

It would appear that the website thinks that I did. His birth year was 1952, our marriage year was 1979 and it keeps telling me that the birth year must be before the marriage year. I’ve logged out, gone back in and I still get that error.

To be fair, emotionally he probably was and is a fetus but I don’t think they need or want me to go into that.

ah I see I’ve been a bit confusing there 

Should say “if it wasn’t but it is”.

but I can assure you that I’ve triple checked I’ve got it the right way round on the form, and it still won’t let me proceed.

Edited by Undecided

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, Undecided said:

But in the other hand, I think I’m going to have to use a paper application. The online form keeps telling me my former husbands dob must be before the date of our marriage, which is fair enough if  it was, but it isn’t. I’ve triple checked. The  website keeps giving me an error, sigh.

paper form will ask the same question, what you will write there.  Husband data of birth must be somewhere in the old immigration form.  G325

The issue isn’t that I don’t know his date of birth. It’s that the online form for some reason when it’s running its automatic checks thinks that 1952 is later than 1979, which is a problem. 

And no, my ex husband dob isn’t on any immigration papers. I entered the USA on the basis of my marriage to my current husband. But as I say, that’s not an issue as I know my first husbands date of birth. It’s just that the online form won’t accept it basically.

So I enter his dob (05/28/1952) and the date of the marriage (02/03/1979) and I get a red warning message saying - date of birth must be before marriage date. Which it is. It’s not earth shattering - I can do paper, but it is irritating.

13 hours ago, Undecided said:

And before anyone else is confused - yes I made an error in my post that I didn’t realize until after the time to make edits had expired. The above should read

“The online form keeps telling me my former husbands dob must be before the date of our marriage, which is fair enough if it wasn’t but it is.

21 hours ago, Undecided said:

And before anyone else is confused - yes I made an error in my post that I didn’t realize until after the time to make edits had expired. The above should read

“The online form keeps telling me my former husbands dob must be before the date of our marriage, which is fair enough if it wasn’t but it is.

I got this too yesterday, its a glitch, click the back button and then go back into it, or let it save , click out and log back in, worked fine for me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.