Jump to content
bgbkt

Civic Test Question

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Was going through all questions on civic test and saw that there are some answers with extra information in brackets. E.g. for question "What was one important thing that Abraham Lincoln did?" Answer is "freed the slaves (Emancipation Proclamation)". Do we have to respond whole thing or just replying "freed the slaves" is enough. Please clarify.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bgbkt said:

Was going through all questions on civic test and saw that there are some answers with extra information in brackets. E.g. for question "What was one important thing that Abraham Lincoln did?" Answer is "freed the slaves (Emancipation Proclamation)". Do we have to respond whole thing or just replying "freed the slaves" is enough. Please clarify.

 

Yes if that was the answer. They are not really looking for exact word for word from the book but it would be nice to know them that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, POA said:

Yes if that was the answer. They are not really looking for exact word for word from the book but it would be nice to know them that way.

I understand we don't have to respond word by word but in this case "Emancipation Proclamation" seems link meaningful information. Do we need to mentioned that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bgbkt said:

I understand we don't have to respond word by word but in this case "Emancipation Proclamation" seems link meaningful information. Do we need to mentioned that?

Honestly, if i was the interviewer i would say that should be fine but we don't know what the interviewer would think or do. When I had mine, she just kept asking the questions.  You won't even notuce you answered wrong unless you answered less than 6 correct answers out of 10. That of course if you're not counting. 

 

If you are worried about not answering them the way they want it, it would be best to memorize them all which what I did and had my husband switch all the questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bgbkt said:

Was going through all questions on civic test and saw that there are some answers with extra information in brackets. E.g. for question "What was one important thing that Abraham Lincoln did?" Answer is "freed the slaves (Emancipation Proclamation)". Do we have to respond whole thing or just replying "freed the slaves" is enough. Please clarify.

 

What is needed is a correct answer and if you say "freed the slaves", this is a correct answer. Also if you say "Emancipation Proclamation", this is also a correct answer because the proclamation was a declaration of slaves freedom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, POA said:

Honestly, if i was the interviewer i would say that should be fine but we don't know what the interviewer would think or do.

That sums it up nicely. I think best thing to do is always answer remember complete answer instead of relaying on IO to interpret if you answered it completely or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...