bgbkt

Civic Test Question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Was going through all questions on civic test and saw that there are some answers with extra information in brackets. E.g. for question "What was one important thing that Abraham Lincoln did?" Answer is "freed the slaves (Emancipation Proclamation)". Do we have to respond whole thing or just replying "freed the slaves" is enough. Please clarify.

15 minutes ago, bgbkt said:

Was going through all questions on civic test and saw that there are some answers with extra information in brackets. E.g. for question "What was one important thing that Abraham Lincoln did?" Answer is "freed the slaves (Emancipation Proclamation)". Do we have to respond whole thing or just replying "freed the slaves" is enough. Please clarify.

Yes if that was the answer. They are not really looking for exact word for word from the book but it would be nice to know them that way.

Timeline
50 minutes ago, POA said:

Yes if that was the answer. They are not really looking for exact word for word from the book but it would be nice to know them that way.

I understand we don't have to respond word by word but in this case "Emancipation Proclamation" seems link meaningful information. Do we need to mentioned that?

3 minutes ago, bgbkt said:

I understand we don't have to respond word by word but in this case "Emancipation Proclamation" seems link meaningful information. Do we need to mentioned that?

Honestly, if i was the interviewer i would say that should be fine but we don't know what the interviewer would think or do. When I had mine, she just kept asking the questions.  You won't even notuce you answered wrong unless you answered less than 6 correct answers out of 10. That of course if you're not counting. 

If you are worried about not answering them the way they want it, it would be best to memorize them all which what I did and had my husband switch all the questions.

5 hours ago, bgbkt said:

What is needed is a correct answer and if you say "freed the slaves", this is a correct answer. Also if you say "Emancipation Proclamation", this is also a correct answer because the proclamation was a declaration of slaves freedom.

Timeline
17 hours ago, POA said:

Honestly, if i was the interviewer i would say that should be fine but we don't know what the interviewer would think or do.

That sums it up nicely. I think best thing to do is always answer remember complete answer instead of relaying on IO to interpret if you answered it completely or not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.