ramesh77

Oath Ceremony at Oakland Paramount - Kids allowed ?

8 posts in this topic

I have a oath ceremony coming up , I have a 8 year old kids we want to take him.

Does someone have any experience if the kids are allowed to stay with them during the process.

I read that the visitor and kids will be in a different section in the balcony. We don't want to leave him in the day care.

Your experience and answer are really appreciated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Kids are allow @oath ceremony , but make sure, kid will not cry, so take things with you to keep him or her busy, they need to seat in separate place with another spouse or relatives.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, ramesh77 said:

Hi Dilip,

Thanks for the reply, Unfortunately both me and my wife are doing the oath at the same time, so wondering if they will allow kids to be seated next to us ?

Probably not, can't you have a friend or family member come to stay with him?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
19 hours ago, ramesh77 said:

Hi Dilip,

Thanks for the reply, Unfortunately both me and my wife are doing the oath at the same time, so wondering if they will allow kids to be seated next to us ?

They will not allow to sit your kid  with you guys.  Ceremony event is friendly event, but a serious event for lots of people and for you also.    Please arrange a baby sitter, or take a friend or relatives or someone who can control your kid. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-3 Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:12 AM, gopinatht said:

@ramesh77 Curious to know how you handled this situation. I am in a similar place as you. Have a 6 yo kid and arranging for someone to look after him during the ceremony is a little hard for me.

I can for $50/hr I will use the pay to celebrate your new citizenship lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.