Moenyc

Applied for I-751 since November 2017

12 posts in this topic

I applied for the I-751 in November 2017 did the biometrics few months after then they sent me extension letter for one year then another one for 6 months, now the maximum processing time for removing conditions is 19 months now I’m over 21 months and still the last update when i check the case status says “on April 9th 2018 your case has been received at your local office”

I applied for the N-400 in March and still no updates and the two notices they sent me are expired now. Anyone have a similar situation or know what I should do?

Naah. Do NOT relax, as @Piaopiao110918 advises. You're outside the "normal" processing time (there's nothing normal about that), and it's time to be aggressive. Do all of the following ASAP:

• Use the secure messaging facility on the online account (myuscis.gov) to ask for an update. Be sure to indicate that your case is out of normal processing time, and that all your documentation of status have now expired. If you've suffered any other harm because of their delay (unable to renew your driver's license, delays upon reentry to the US because of secondary processing, etc), include those as well.
  • Do the same thing on https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do. Case outside normal processing time.
  • Try to get an InfoPass appointment, if your local office allows.
  • Contact your congressional representative, and ask them to look into your case on your behalf.

Your case may just be gathering dust, forgotten on some officer's desk. Being outside processing time gives you an opportunity to push it forward. Use it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I also applied i-751 ( Nov 2017, EAC 18061XXXX), applied N-400 ( Nov 2018), no movement of i-751 ( says in local office from April 9, 2018).  Got N-400 interview on June 28, 2019.  I-751 came with N-400 in local office ( Philly), but no notice was sent to me that I-751 will go with N-400.  Both are approved on July 3, Oath on July 15.  Passport July 24, 2019.

[1] So you  are now out of processing time, send an inquiry.  It might say that your I-751 and N-400 interview will be at the same time.  I got that email after my oath.

[2] When I-751 is pending and if you get N-400 interview, go with spouse

[3] Check your N-400 time line of your local office

[4] Most of the cases, once you file N-400, NBC calls the I-751 and send with N-400 during N-400 interview.

6 hours ago, afrocraft said:

Naah. Do NOT relax, as @Piaopiao110918 advises. You're outside the "normal" processing time (there's nothing normal about that), and it's time to be aggressive. Do all of the following ASAP:

• Use the secure messaging facility on the online account (myuscis.gov) to ask for an update. Be sure to indicate that your case is out of normal processing time, and that all your documentation of status have now expired. If you've suffered any other harm because of their delay (unable to renew your driver's license, delays upon reentry to the US because of secondary processing, etc), include those as well.
  • Do the same thing on https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do. Case outside normal processing time.
  • Try to get an InfoPass appointment, if your local office allows.
  • Contact your congressional representative, and ask them to look into your case on your behalf.

Your case may just be gathering dust, forgotten on some officer's desk. Being outside processing time gives you an opportunity to push it forward. Use it.

I actually did “out of processing time request and this is what they sent me

545C8EA5-9CEF-4524-9549-A6B35BC193E4.jpeg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

What a bunch of rats !!!

Despite their less than worthless message to you, you should consider filing a report with the Ombudsman, https://www.dhs.gov/contact-cisomb .

It would be nice if you would :time:  

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

4 hours ago, afrocraft said:

Use the other options as well, especially contacting your Congressional rep. It usually works -- especially since you have a reason to seek an update. Keep the pressure on.

BTW, what country are you from?

I’m from Egypt. I called them an hour ago they said the obly thing you can do is get a stamp on your passport I-551 and wait for the card !

Timeline
Just now, Moenyc said:

I’m sorry what is the Ombudsman?? And how will it help me?

Department of Homeland Security, Office of the Ombudsman....suggest that you should check out the link, you may find you're answers and some help  at the link I previously provided.

In general, an ombudsman is a state official appointed to provide a check on government activity in the interests of the citizen, and to oversee the investigation of complaints of improper government activity against the citizen.

HTH

Timeline
2 hours ago, Moenyc said:

I’m from Egypt. I called them an hour ago they said the obly thing you can do is get a stamp on your passport I-551 and wait for the card !

Heck, I would take them up on their offer to get the I-551 stamp in the passport.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/temporary-i-551-stamps-and-mrivs

• 4 months later...
On 7/29/2019 at 12:16 AM, Moenyc said:

I applied for the I-751 in November 2017 did the biometrics few months after then they sent me extension letter for one year then another one for 6 months, now the maximum processing time for removing conditions is 19 months now I’m over 21 months and still the last update when i check the case status says “on April 9th 2018 your case has been received at your local office”

I applied for the N-400 in March and still no updates and the two notices they sent me are expired now. Anyone have a similar situation or know what I should do?

Is there any update on your case ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.