Derek & Cece

Vaccinations in advance?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello there! My fiance is originally from Vietnam but has been a permanent resident in Australia (Perth, WA) and doesn't have any of her vaccination records. I understand that she can get all of the required vaccines during her medical exam but I heard it is more expensive than if she gets them in advance. She doesn't have a regular doctor that she sees so she isn't sure where to go. She contacted a doctor's office near her work (Lagoon Medical Centre) to inquire about a blood test and they said she needed a referral from a doctor's office. Would it be easier to just do it during her medical exam? Is the price really that different or am I mistaken?

Timeline

The e-mail we got from Dr Sinclair in Perth says that "the cost for a US Visa Medical is up to $1200.00 + GST for an adult. This fee depends on the number of blood tests required. Any vaccinations that are required are NOT included in this fee." Will it really be so much? $1,200 sounds like a lot especially if it doesn't include whatever vaccinations she might need >_>

Edited by Derek & Cece

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I knew I needed one particular shot so I went and got it at a local clinic about a month before the medical. Got a note from the clinic as proof and took it with me to the medical. Worked great, didn't need any shots or blood tests when I had my medical.

Not sure it's the same in every country though.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi,

Some vaccines can be given by local doctors and shouldn't cost as much if they bulk bill etc I have to pay for blood tests on the day of the medical exam but apart from that my cost was around $600. 

I received the vaccines when I went on exchange to the USA so i'm not sure if you can get them at your local doctors without a reason. If you had to get all the vaccines from the Sydney doctor on the day I think it may be more expensive. 

K1 Visa NOA1:  March 2018

K1 Visa NOA2: Sept 2018 

K1 Approved: Nov 2018 (184 days/6 months since NOA1) 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

AOS NOA1: 4th Feb 2019

Biometrics: 25th Feb 2019

AOS interview: Oct 2019 (261 days from NOA1)

EAD/AP NOA1: Feb 2019 

EAD/AP Approved/Rc'd: Aug 2019 (196 days since NOA1) 

Timeline

We called the office of one of the other Panel Doctors in Perth and they quotes us $600 instead so needless to say we will be making our appointment there. Cece was able to get her bloodtests done for free by seeing her normal doctor and found out there was only a few she didn't have which she already got so she's all good on her vaccinations. Thanks for all your help everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.