Jump to content

Signing the check for uscis

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts



Me and my spouse are about to file the i751 form, I'm the petitioner, she is the US Citizen

Although I'm the petitioner on the i751 form and we are filing together, who should sign the check?

We have a joint bank account and all of our finances are together. All checks are usually signed by her. The instructions on USCIS website led me to believe that I should be the one signing the check.

Can she sign the check, even if I'm the applicant? I'm asking this because I have never filled a check, usually I leave this to her. All payments I ever do are made with the debit card linked to our account.

The checks are printed in both our names, and the account is also in both our names.


Thank you

Edited by George83

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...