Mozan

Filling out I-130 answer to Item Numbers 45. - 50

6 posts in this topic

I am filling out I-130  I have one question regarding Item Numbers 45. - 50.

My spouse never visited USA should I still enter her Traveling Document No? 

Spreadsheet for LPR who submitted I130 for Spouses

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KsBcID5fvbKZklNtslfrp7dy8NbgmWXyPcwreFuSng4/

Married on April 18th 2019 in UK as Permanent Resident

130 filed on Aug 1st 2019- Denied Due to printed on outdated form thats was expired on July 31st 2019

130 filed again on Aug 13 2019 

1-797C received with Notice date 08/16/2019

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Mozan said:

What number will you enter since she doesn't have one?  Travel document is NOT a passport number 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Mozan said:

Look again at the info for each question. 

45 ..   asks if beneficiary has previously entered the US  

If YES,  fill out 46 both parts. 

If NO, write N/A for 46 and proceed to 47 

47 onwards in this section is required,  even if 46 is not applicable 

On 7/14/2019 at 5:36 PM, JFH said:

For the documents required, please read the instructions that accompany the I-130 form on the USCIS website. This is not something where you guess, it’s important that you read every word of the instructions. Mistakes will cost a lot of time and money. 

You may need to be fingerprinted in the US but not usually. Would that be a problem for you if you were? It’s usually only people with certain criminal records or with a name similar to someone with that record that would be fingerprinted. 

Expect the whole deal to take 2 years. 

11 minutes ago, payxibka said:

What number will you enter since she doesn't have one?  Travel document is NOT a passport number 

I came to know If She is not in USA I have to skip this information No. Passport or Traveling Document No. is required. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KsBcID5fvbKZklNtslfrp7dy8NbgmWXyPcwreFuSng4/

130 filed on Aug 1st 2019- Denied Due to printed on outdated form thats was expired on July 31st 2019

2 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Look again at the info for each question. 

45 ..   asks if beneficiary has previously entered the US  

If YES,  fill out 46 both parts. 

If NO, write N/A for 46 and proceed to 47 

47 onwards in this section is required,  even if 46 is not applicable 

From instructions page 

"Passport and Travel Document Numbers. Complete Part 4., Item Numbers 45. - 50., as applicable, if the beneficiary relative used a passport or travel document to travel to the United States, enter either the passport or travel document information in the appropriate space on the petition, even if the passport or travel document is currently expired."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mozan said:

I came to know If She is not in USA I have to skip this information No. Passport or Traveling Document No. is required. 

See my answer above. 

If 45 is No then the only question to skip

is 46.  46 onwards is required.. so if the beneficiary has a passport or travel document from their home country , this number is needed in 47. If the beneficiary doesn’t yet have a passport then there is no number to put in ... but needs to get one for the next steps !  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.