vclva

Administrative Processing - IR5/parent

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

My mother's case has been under AP for 3 months due to her involvement with Vietnamese communist party. She quit the party end of last year after knowing that it's the requirement for the immigration visa.

After the interview, she was asked to submit the detail of her involvement with the party as well as some questions about her background (siblings and her employment information).

It's been 3 months since we submitted the paperwork. I reached out to the Consulate but only got general answer that we would need to wait longer as the AP can be lengthy depending on the case.

Has any one recently been under AP that can share how long it usually takes? Is there anything I can do to speed up the process.

It has been a long wait going through I130 application, then NVC process and now this time AP :(

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Each case is different, there are cases from few weeks of AP to few years of AP. Considering your mother’s communist orientation, you can expect a bit lengthy AP. Good luck.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

9 minutes ago, vclva said:

Has any one recently been under AP that can share how long it usually takes?

There is no timeline for AP. It could be days, weeks, months, or sometimes, years. It is different from every case. 

10 minutes ago, vclva said:

Is there anything I can do to speed up the process.

There is pretty much nothing you can do. You can contact your congressional representative and they will send in inquiry, however State will give them the same response they give you, which is to wait. 

11 minutes ago, vclva said:

My mother's case has been under AP for 3 months due to her involvement with Vietnamese communist party.

What exactly has been her involvement? Was she just simply a member, or was she actively participating in activities that could result in her inadmissibility. It's actually rare that would happen. 

Filed: Timeline
44 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

What exactly has been her involvement? Was she just simply a member, or was she actively participating in activities that could result in her inadmissibility. It's actually rare that would happen. 

Thank you for the information.

Her involvement with the party was mostly at her work. She joined the party to obtain the job, was at a slightly higher ranking level for some period but only limited her activities at her workplace. After she retired, she was just a regular member until she quit recently.

It's kind of frustrating to have an unknown period of waiting after such a long wait already.

Do you know if 3 months is too soon to contact the congressman to help with the case? 

Thanks again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.