leisli

biometrics, but im on FMLA

7 posts in this topic

hello i applied for citizenship (online)last week and today i got a notification that they are scheduling me for a biometrics appointment. 

my problem is im here in the philippines on FMLA leave. my dad has a life threatening illness. im here until aug7. i didnt think that they would schedule it soon. i dont know when is the appointment yet.

my question is, can i reschedule the appointment if ever the scheduled date is near? im very anxious that i cant attend.

my husband is in the US, can he call in behalf of me? 

what are my other options. help very anxious.

Screenshot_2019-07-15-14-41-15-287_com.android.browser.png

I'm finally done! took oath at DEC 2019 😁

Filed: Timeline

At the bottom of the biometrics appointment letter, there is a check box if you want to request for rescheduling with your application number and bar code below it.

REQUEST FOR RESCHEDULING
❏ Please reschedule my appointment. Once USCIS receives your request, you will be sent a new appointment notice. Make a copy of this notice for your records, then mail the original with your request to BPU, Alexandria ASC, Suite 100, 8850 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22309-1586

If you have any questions regarding this notice, please call 1-800-375-5283.

Looking around VJ, biometrics appointments are typically scheduled within three weeks of N-400 application. If the appointment is before your return, there is no harm in your husband calling on your behalf too. They'll just say no if it's not possible.  The important thing though is that your husband receives the biometrics appt letter and sends it back for rescheduling.

Edited by xyz12345

• 3 months later...

hello I'm replying to this topic for future reference: 

I rescheduled my appointment thrice. I just wrote on the reply tab that i have a family emergency and could not attend at the schedule time. (i forgot which date that was) 

the first re-scheduled date was on aug 8, I was scheduled to return in the US at aug 7.

however, my dad became really sick and would have to go to the hospital around aug 5. I didn't return to the US at aug 7 as I intended. I wrote again about my situation and  they rescheduled me for an Aug. 30 appointment. 

I wrote them back again and ask if they are ok to reschedule to September 11. I told them that my dad doesn't have much time  and I would like to extend my leave to September.
(in which, I was very thankful that Imade that decision to stay :( )

they again rescheduled me to my recommended date, September 11. I made it to that appointment, thankfully.

Edited by leisli

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2019 at 6:38 AM, Stevo1979 said:

How is your dad,?

Sadly he died from the illness :(  but on the flip side im nearly done with my immigration journey. I will be taking the oath next thursday

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.