sonicview

Affidavit of support

6 posts in this topic

I just filed 130, now wait game started. Hoping to get it approved by May 2020, then I will have to do next process like affidavits. My question is does petitioner has to be present in USA during the time of submission of affidavit of support to prove domicile. I live in USA but i have plan to travel to India in May for 3 months and plan is I will submit affidavit of support from there (1040+w2 from my USA employer). By the way I have permanent address in USA, have bank account here and have employer here in USA, even I will be India I will be working from there for my employer and will have weekly paystubs. 

For affidavit of support I need tax transcripts from IRS, but do I need anything from my bank too? 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You do not need to be present in the US at the time you file the affidavit of support.  You will be "visiting" India, not living there, so you do not have any domicile issue.  You live in and are domiciled in the USA.  

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
21 hours ago, sonicview said:

I just filed 130, now wait game started. Hoping to get it approved by May 2020, then I will have to do next process like affidavits. My question is does petitioner has to be present in USA during the time of submission of affidavit of support to prove domicile. I live in USA but i have plan to travel to India in May for 3 months and plan is I will submit affidavit of support from there (1040+w2 from my USA employer). By the way I have permanent address in USA, have bank account here and have employer here in USA, even I will be India I will be working from there for my employer and will have weekly paystubs. 

For affidavit of support I need tax transcripts from IRS, but do I need anything from my bank too? 

If you expect May 2020 as approval, I would make sure someone can access your mailbox in US to get you letters. This will be beneficial for next years tax transcripts if you are unbale to get them online. 

Of course you can always file for an extension and do that instead..

On 7/15/2019 at 4:43 PM, saladboye said:

If you expect May 2020 as approval, I would make sure someone can access your mailbox in US to get you letters. This will be beneficial for next years tax transcripts if you are unbale to get them online. 

Of course you can always file for an extension and do that instead..

Thanks! Yes I will put someone in charge of that to get mails and send it to me. Also I can access IRS transcripts from IRS website too. 

Do I need any letter from bank, showing my bank balance or it is not needed if I prove my job in USA paying more than required amount for support. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, sonicview said:

Thanks! Yes I will put someone in charge of that to get mails and send it to me. Also I can access IRS transcripts from IRS website too. 

Do I need any letter from bank, showing my bank balance or it is not needed if I prove my job in USA paying more than required amount for support. 

That will be your W2 from work.

You should get that by end of Jan each year. Most companies give digital versions online much sooner.

As for bank, your online statements should suffice if needed.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, saladboye said:

That will be your W2 from work.

You should get that by end of Jan each year. Most companies give digital versions online much sooner.

As for bank, your online statements should suffice if needed.

A W2 is not required if tax transcripts are supplied.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.