Jump to content
sonicview

Affidavit of support

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I just filed 130, now wait game started. Hoping to get it approved by May 2020, then I will have to do next process like affidavits. My question is does petitioner has to be present in USA during the time of submission of affidavit of support to prove domicile. I live in USA but i have plan to travel to India in May for 3 months and plan is I will submit affidavit of support from there (1040+w2 from my USA employer). By the way I have permanent address in USA, have bank account here and have employer here in USA, even I will be India I will be working from there for my employer and will have weekly paystubs. 

For affidavit of support I need tax transcripts from IRS, but do I need anything from my bank too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do not need to be present in the US at the time you file the affidavit of support.  You will be "visiting" India, not living there, so you do not have any domicile issue.  You live in and are domiciled in the USA.  


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sonicview said:

I just filed 130, now wait game started. Hoping to get it approved by May 2020, then I will have to do next process like affidavits. My question is does petitioner has to be present in USA during the time of submission of affidavit of support to prove domicile. I live in USA but i have plan to travel to India in May for 3 months and plan is I will submit affidavit of support from there (1040+w2 from my USA employer). By the way I have permanent address in USA, have bank account here and have employer here in USA, even I will be India I will be working from there for my employer and will have weekly paystubs. 

For affidavit of support I need tax transcripts from IRS, but do I need anything from my bank too? 

 

 

If you expect May 2020 as approval, I would make sure someone can access your mailbox in US to get you letters. This will be beneficial for next years tax transcripts if you are unbale to get them online. 

 

Of course you can always file for an extension and do that instead..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 4:43 PM, saladboye said:

 

 

If you expect May 2020 as approval, I would make sure someone can access your mailbox in US to get you letters. This will be beneficial for next years tax transcripts if you are unbale to get them online. 

 

Of course you can always file for an extension and do that instead..

Thanks! Yes I will put someone in charge of that to get mails and send it to me. Also I can access IRS transcripts from IRS website too. 

Do I need any letter from bank, showing my bank balance or it is not needed if I prove my job in USA paying more than required amount for support. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sonicview said:

Thanks! Yes I will put someone in charge of that to get mails and send it to me. Also I can access IRS transcripts from IRS website too. 

Do I need any letter from bank, showing my bank balance or it is not needed if I prove my job in USA paying more than required amount for support. 

That will be your W2 from work.

 

You should get that by end of Jan each year. Most companies give digital versions online much sooner.

 

As for bank, your online statements should suffice if needed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, saladboye said:

That will be your W2 from work.

 

You should get that by end of Jan each year. Most companies give digital versions online much sooner.

 

As for bank, your online statements should suffice if needed.

 

A W2 is not required if tax transcripts are supplied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...