orlandowithlove

I-129F - Questions

8 posts in this topic

Good Evening everyone!

I hope you're all on filing away making sure your visas are ready for approval. I do have some questions as I near the end of my packet and I'm really hoping you all can help me. 

1. I understand that for numeric answers we should write "NONE" instead of "N/A" like the directions say. However, does this include answers asking for an A-Number (don't have one yet) or a certificate of citizenship? (I don't have one, I was born in the US to my American parents.) I realize for how many children you should put NONE, but what about order numbers and dates?

2. On the Part 8 additional information it starts asking for your name, last name, middle name and A-Number(if any). The directions say to put my information in there, but what if my beneficiary's information is going to go on Part 8 as well? Currently I have two copies of the Part 8 Additional Information pages in my packet. One has my name, last name and middle name with "N/A" where the A-Number is supposed to be and then I used three sections for additional information. On my second Part 8 Additional Page I put my beneficiary's name, last name, middle and "N/A" for his A-Number. I then filled in four sections for him. Is this wrong? Do I just need to put my own name in that first part and then list mine AND my partners additional information? 

3. Anyone have any tips on how to construct a packet? Right now i have a giant binder with dividers and all the paperwork are in individual sleeves. Will this annoy them? Should I just place them in a manilla envelope stacked on top of each other? I just want to make sure I don't get an RFE and I figure if it's filed annoyingly for them they won't even look at it.

4.Do I need a notary for my divorce? I have it and all the pages and it is signed and stamped by the court. I just photocopied whatever they mailed me and placed it into my binder. 

ANY information for this would be wonderful. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

1. you were born in the US to USC,  you would not have an A number or certificate of citizenship ,  you are a USC (birth certifiate and US passport all that is needed)

2.  Part I is all about you the petitioner

Part II is about the beneficary (finance)

3. do not put the packet in individual sleeves

do not staple

do not paper clip

no binders

USCIS has to be free to open and scan the documents / make it easy for them

maybe number the pages if you want to organize it

4.  stamped of the court with judges signature and the clerk's initials when it was filed is needed

18 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

1. you were born in the US to USC,  you would not have an A number or certificate of citizenship ,  you are a USC (birth certifiate and US passport all that is needed)

2.  Part I is all about you the petitioner

Part II is about the beneficary (finance)

3. do not put the packet in individual sleeves

do not staple

do not paper clip

no binders

USCIS has to be free to open and scan the documents / make it easy for them

maybe number the pages if you want to organize it

4.  stamped of the court with judges signature and the clerk's initials when it was filed is needed

1. Okay, so would I just leave that stuff blank? The instructions do say don't leave anything blank, though. I just don't know if putting "N/A" or "None" is the better option.

2. Okay, but in the top right corner of the Part 8 Additional Information page there's places to fill in a first name, last name, middle name and A-Number (if any). When I use the additional information pages do I need to use those places to put in mine or my fiance's name and then list the respective information in the section? Including the page, part and item number? For example, I have two additional information pages one with my information in the top right corner and one with my fiance's. Each page contains the respective information. 

3. This is AMAZING and good to know. I thank you so so much for this. I guess just placing them on top of each other and slipped in an envelope sounds like the best and most efficient way for them to go through it. 

4. Alright, so it looks the divorce decree I received in the mail only has two signatures with the judges. I see no stamp or a clerk's initials. I'll be making a phone call to my court house Monday to get more information.

I thank you so much for your time. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
25 minutes ago, orlandowithlove said:

1. Okay, so would I just leave that stuff blank? The instructions do say don't leave anything blank, though. I just don't know if putting "N/A" or "None" is the better option. See below

2. Okay, but in the top right corner of the Part 8 Additional Information page there's places to fill in a first name, last name, middle name and A-Number (if any). When I use the additional information pages do I need to use those places to put in mine or my fiance's name and then list the respective information in the section? Including the page, part and item number? For example, I have two additional information pages one with my information in the top right corner and one with my fiance's. Each page contains the respective information. See below

3. This is AMAZING and good to know. I thank you so so much for this. I guess just placing them on top of each other and slipped in an envelope sounds like the best and most efficient way for them to go through it. See below

4. Alright, so it looks the divorce decree I received in the mail only has two signatures with the judges. I see no stamp or a clerk's initials. I'll be making a phone call to my court house Monday to get more information. See below

RE: #1 & #2: Check out the VJ filled-in example Form I-129F for examples: https://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-129F.pdf

RE: #3: Review this USCIS filing tips: https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips

RE: #4: Check out Florida Dept. Vital Stats: http://www.floridahealth.gov/certificates/certificates/divorce/index.html , to obtain a certified divorce decree. Get a couple copies, you never know when you will need an additional copy...

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
1 hour ago, orlandowithlove said:

1. Okay, so would I just leave that stuff blank? The instructions do say don't leave anything blank, though. I just don't know if putting "N/A" or "None" is the better option.

2. Okay, but in the top right corner of the Part 8 Additional Information page there's places to fill in a first name, last name, middle name and A-Number (if any). When I use the additional information pages do I need to use those places to put in mine or my fiance's name and then list the respective information in the section? Including the page, part and item number? For example, I have two additional information pages one with my information in the top right corner and one with my fiance's. Each page contains the respective information. 

3. This is AMAZING and good to know. I thank you so so much for this. I guess just placing them on top of each other and slipped in an envelope sounds like the best and most efficient way for them to go through it. 

4. Alright, so it looks the divorce decree I received in the mail only has two signatures with the judges. I see no stamp or a clerk's initials. I'll be making a phone call to my court house Monday to get more information.

get a certified copy of the divorce decree from the clerk's office. Some states do a certificate that you can use in lieu of sending a slew of court documents.

On 7/13/2019 at 7:38 PM, LaBeach said:

get a certified copy of the divorce decree from the clerk's office. Some states do a certificate that you can use in lieu of sending a slew of court documents.

Thank you so much! I just called my clerk's office and they even said I can order one online. :) 

Do you happen to know my questions for the Part 8 Additional Information page? Whose information would i place in the top left corner and then the corresponding information? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
16 minutes ago, orlandowithlove said:

Thank you so much! I just called my clerk's office and they even said I can order one online. :) 

Do you happen to know my questions for the Part 8 Additional Information page? Whose information would i place in the top left corner and then the corresponding information? 

It's your information. Although you are answering questions about the beneficiary, the top part so they know whose application the page belongs to (doesn't really make sense now that it's all one application- made more sense when it was separate) they will know the information you put on that sheet applies to the beneficiary because you will put the page, section and question number at top of each little section that you use for additional information.

30 minutes ago, LaBeach said:

It's your information. Although you are answering questions about the beneficiary, the top part so they know whose application the page belongs to (doesn't really make sense now that it's all one application- made more sense when it was separate) they will know the information you put on that sheet applies to the beneficiary because you will put the page, section and question number at top of each little section that you use for additional information.

You are a lifesaver! Exactly the information I needed to hear. :) I will my put information (the petitioner) in the top left corner and then they'll use the page, part and item number to tell who I'm talking about. 

Thanks so much!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.