Ms Per

No court order

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I'm a little bit worried here, I applied for naturalization. I Have a 13 year old daughter in Philippines and I am not married to his father, I just wanna ask if it's gonna cause me problem on my application? I had sent her money 2 times, 2016 and 2017 which the last time i sent they (my ex and his wife) get mad at me for sending money to my friend to give it to my daughter. And our communication was cut that day. Tried getting in contact with her on facebook, through friends. But no response. So, to make it short, i only support my daughter 2 times since I left my country because of off communication. Just asking for some input and advice here.

You can explain the situation and note what you did send. Just don't try to make it sound like you did more than you actually did...that can get you into trouble when they ask for evidence of it (somebody on VJ did this recently).

Be honest. Have documentation. Good luck.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

11 hours ago, geowrian said:

You can explain the situation and note what you did send. Just don't try to make it sound like you did more than you actually did...that can get you into trouble when they ask for evidence of it (somebody on VJ did this recently).

Be honest. Have documentation. Good luck.

I will. Thank you ☺️

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
6 minutes ago, tomigaoka said:

Hello guys can you please enlightened what could be the problem here if you had send money to your kids back home and applying for naturalization?

Sorry just dont understand the issue.

thanks

One of the requirements for naturalization is the applicant has good moral character. 

If a person is not supporting their child, then USCIS can consider that person not to have good moral character.  

Sending money to your kids back home is not the problem.  Not sending money back home to support your kids can be a problem. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.