ihsan

USCIS requesting DNA test RFE.

32 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, i received RFE letter on 9th/july/2019 suggesting we need DNA test to prove the relationship,, my father a permanent resident petitioning for children under 21 , the problem is that the letter is confusing it doesn't give clear direction on how to do it and where? the petitioner part is clear where he needs to perform the  DNA test and for the beneficiary it doesn't tell you where? is it done in consulate ,embassy from the applicant side, and i live outside the US.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, ihsan said:

Hi everyone, i received RFE letter on 9th/july/2019 suggesting we need DNA test to prove the relationship,, my father a permanent resident petitioning for children under 21 , the problem is that the letter is confusing it doesn't give clear direction on how to do it and where? the petitioner part is clear where he needs to perform the  DNA test and for the beneficiary it doesn't tell you where? is it done in consulate ,embassy from the applicant side, and i live outside the US.

Its not done at the consulate or embassy but at an accredited local facility of your finding

YMMV

Just now, ihsan said:

AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities are all located in US i can't find any in Kabul city.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ihsan said:

AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities are all located in US i can't find any in Kabul city.

https://dnacenter.com/immigration-dna-testing/dna-testing-in-afghanistan/

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

wow super thanks , much appreciated.. one more thing currently i am living in Dubai on a resident visa, but my other siblings live on a tourist visas, do we and i  need go  back to my home country and do the DNA test there, or can i do the DNA test here in  Dubai.  when our interview nears we need to go back to our home country..

Edited by ihsan

Timeline
Just now, ihsan said:

wow super thanks , much appreciated.. one more thing currently i am living in Dubai on a resident visa, but my other siblings live on a tourist visas, do we and i  need go  back to my home country and do the DNA test there, or can i do the DNA test here in  Dubai. when you when the interview nears we need to go back to our home country.. right

You can do the test anywhere.   You will likely be eligible to interview in UAE since you are a resident,  but siblings will likely have to go back 

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

You can do the test anywhere.   You will likely be eligible to interview in UAE since you are a resident,  but siblings will likely have to go back 

so  i and all my sibling can do the DNA test here in Dubai even though they have only tourist visa , so no problem will be created. right , yea your right my sibling need to go back to their country once interview is scheduled.. thank you so much. 

I just had the same issue my mother in law applied for her children in Pakistan and we got the dna done for Pakistan the dna was done at the embassy and than sent to the lab here in the us after the lab received the results they sent it to uscis and case was approved. we went through company called dna lab center you can reach out to them or find one of your own approved laboratory I hope this helps

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ihsan said:

so  i and all my sibling can do the DNA test here in Dubai even though they have only tourist visa , so no problem will be created. right , yea your right my sibling need to go back to their country once interview is scheduled.. thank you so much. 

Another link.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/dna-relationship-testing-procedures.html

YMMV

and another tip dna alone is not enough to make the case strong you should get affidavits  at least from 3 different people if you can get one from a religious teacher like from the local mosque where the teacher can affirm on oath that the children are your fathers children stating the reason also how he knows they are his children also if you can get something from like a family doctor  and one from  a family member as well

Just now, kingjb said:

I just had the same issue my mother in law applied for her children in Pakistan and we got the dna done for Pakistan the dna was done at the embassy and than sent to the lab here in the us after the lab received the results they sent it to uscis and case was approved. we went through company called dna lab center you can reach out to them or find one of your own approved laboratory I hope this helps

Hi, the children who were living in pakistan did DNA test at the embassy ? right,  and the petitioner did it at DNA lat center in US.   

Just now, kingjb said:

and another tip dna alone is not enough to make the case strong you should get affidavits  at least from 3 different people if you can get one from a religious teacher like from the local mosque where the teacher can affirm on oath that the children are your fathers children stating the reason also how he knows they are his children also if you can get something from like a family doctor  and one from  a family member as well

ok i will definitely add this to the list, Thank you so much.

6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Thanks.

yes what happened was we spoke to the lab and the lab said to send them the rfe letter we received. we send it to them and they did the paper work sent it out to the embassy 2 weeks later the children in Pakistan received phone call from embassy to come in for the dna test after they went to the embassy and did the dna test the embassy sent it back here to the lab and my mother in law had done the testing here in the lab after every body was tested the lab waited for the kits from the embassy and then got the results and gave us a copy just for our record we didn't sent to embassy we only sent affidavits to uscis the dna results were sent directly by the lab

im in ny and lucky we were close to the company called dna lab center it was great because dna testing is expensive but for what people pay other place for one person we got 4 people tested for the price of one 3 children and my motherinlaw makes it 4 so if your father is in the tristate he should definitely look in to dna lab center extremely low price 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.