ihsan

USCIS requesting DNA test RFE.

32 posts in this topic

Just now, kingjb said:

yes what happened was we spoke to the lab and the lab said to send them the rfe letter we received. we send it to them and they did the paper work sent it out to the embassy 2 weeks later the children in Pakistan received phone call from embassy to come in for the dna test after they went to the embassy and did the dna test the embassy sent it back here to the lab and my mother in law had done the testing here in the lab after every body was tested the lab waited for the kits from the embassy and then got the results and gave us a copy just for our record we didn't sent to embassy we only sent affidavits to uscis the dna results were sent directly by the lab

now i get it thank you , you have been alot help. 

no problem I went through this exact situation so I know how stressing it can get but don't worry it seem impssible but its not good luckkk

Just now, kingjb said:

im in ny and lucky we were close to the company called dna lab center it was great because dna testing is expensive but for what people pay other place for one person we got 4 people tested for the price of one 3 children and my motherinlaw makes it 4 so if your father is in the tristate he should definitely look in to dna lab center extremely low price 

yea i heard DNA test quite expensive, that would be great , and since they deal directly with all the paperwork .

5 hours ago, kingjb said:

and another tip dna alone is not enough to make the case strong you should get affidavits  at least from 3 different people if you can get one from a religious teacher like from the local mosque where the teacher can affirm on oath that the children are your fathers children stating the reason also how he knows they are his children also if you can get something from like a family doctor  and one from  a family member as well

There is no stronger evidence of parental relationship than a DNA test....anyone can write an affidavit, and when it comes to US immigration, affidavits are weak anyway.

Agreed - affidavits carry insufficient to no weight for a biological relationship nowadays. The CO has no way to verify their accuracy or even question the individuals. A DNA test is the gold standard for determining biological relationships - when completed by an accredited institution recognized by the US for immigration purposes, there is no reasonable doubt as to the accuracy (unless information later comes out about errors or corruption with results).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

6 hours ago, kingjb said:

the teacher can affirm on oath that the children are your fathers children stating the reason also how he knows they are his children also if you can get something from like a family doctor  and one from  a family member as well

Unless they were present at the conception or assisted the conception (a doctor who performed an in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer) they cannot possibly know. Some mothers can’t even be sure who the father of their child is and they were very much present during the act.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

i never said dna was not sufficient i said its best to add affidavits as well as get the dna if you read the rfe uscis clearly states that you should submit documents like affidavits etc... as well as the dna im speaking from personal experience literally got an approval for this same problem few months back 

8 hours ago, kingjb said:

i never said dna was not sufficient i said its best to add affidavits as well as get the dna if you read the rfe uscis clearly states that you should submit documents like affidavits etc... as well as the dna im speaking from personal experience literally got an approval for this same problem few months back 

yes your right , the more evidence we provide the better. so i need to also provide the secondary evidence like family photos, medical records,school records,government records ?? what if i don't have some of them like census or tribal records  , residence records, insurance records, employment records which i don't have them. any suggestions

10 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

There is no stronger evidence of parental relationship than a DNA test....anyone can write an affidavit, and when it comes to US immigration, affidavits are weak anyway.

but do i still need to ,is it necessary to submit affidavits , and also do i need to submit the secondary evidence like family photos, medical records,school records,government records , which i have these?? what if i don't have some of them like census or tribal records  , residence records, insurance records, employment records which i don't have them. any suggestions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

wherever you interview  ,  you will need to get have the UAE criminal report 

If you live in the United Arab Emirates: (for more than 6 months)

You may either apply:

1. In person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in the UAE, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf at the police department in your emirate (see Special notes and considerations for complete list).
  2. OR online.

You or your representative must bring:

• Your passport and your Emirates ID card
  • A copy of your valid resident visa
  • One (4x6 cm) photograph
  • Applicable fees

My stance is usually "less is better". If you have definitive proof already, anything else you add can only serve to raise questions (mainly if even 1 small item has a discrepancy in it, like a wrong spelling in the name of a person or town, or prior names or nicknames being used).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

3 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

wherever you interview  ,  you will need to get have the UAE criminal report 

If you live in the United Arab Emirates: (for more than 6 months)

You may either apply:

1. In person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in the UAE, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf at the police department in your emirate (see Special notes and considerations for complete list).
  2. OR online.

You or your representative must bring:

• Your passport and your Emirates ID card
  • A copy of your valid resident visa
  • One (4x6 cm) photograph
  • Applicable fees

Hi, yes your right i do need a police certificate of any place country where i lived there for more than 6 months at the time of an interview, the question is can my siblings who are on a tourist visa give DNA test here in Dubai US embassy or they need to go back to their country as USCIS requested RFE for DNA test...of course when NVC schedule an interview then all of my siblings need to go back to their country because they are living here in dubai on a tourist visa.

1 hour ago, geowrian said:

My stance is usually "less is better". If you have definitive proof already, anything else you add can only serve to raise questions (mainly if even 1 small item has a discrepancy in it, like a wrong spelling in the name of a person or town, or prior names or nicknames being used).

Hi, DNA test, family pictures, medical records and school records ,passport and government papers like identification , is it enough??? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.