Obarguti

I-751 Application taking very long time

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I submitted an I-751 application for my wife back in December 8 2017. A week later, we received an I-757 notice of receipt. Another week later, she received her bio-metric appointment and went in for a finger printing. So far so good. Then in March of 2018, we received a letter that her green card is extended for an additional 6 months due to high volume making the total extension time equal to 18 months. In April 9th 2018, the status online changes to " Case Was Received At My Local Office". Since then we have not heard anything at all. I checked the processing times online for the Vermont center, which is where I sent the petition (I live in GA) and it shows that currently they are serving the December 8th 2018 priority date. I am getting nervous since her extension on the green card will expire on September 1st. I tried to call the USCIS but they are not helpful at all. Any ideas or suggestion please? I really appreciate it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

GA always have a long wait for an interview. 

The Atlanta office is overwhelmed. 

Since it’s at your local office it should be with them now. 

If her GC expires you can make an info pass appointment at the local office in Atlanta to get a stamp in her passport. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Did you apply N-400?   It seems You are out of processing time. Did you send an inquiry?  Mine was NOV 27, 2017,  I able to send inquiry on July 3, 2019.   but I also applied N-400 and both are approved on July 3, 2019.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

We did apply for N400 within 90 days from her completing 3 years as an immigrant. Still no news on that either. I submitted an inquiry last week online and I am hoping it will help expedite things. Your case gave me some hope. Thanks a lots

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Obarguti said:

We did apply for N400 within 90 days from her completing 3 years as an immigrant. Still no news on that either. I submitted an inquiry last week online and I am hoping it will help expedite things. Your case gave me some hope. Thanks a lots

That definitely explains the extra wait with the ROC. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.