mazenkanso

WAITING FOR INTERVIEW IN BEIRUT/LEBANON

87 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
2 minutes ago, donyaf24 said:

I did not know this existed as well, how do i check this? It is not showing up on the ceac website. Thank u 

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

Filed: IR-5 Country: Italy
Timeline

Sharing below some information with those who have interviews coming up in Beirut. 

My parents had their interview in Beirut end of June 2019. We had made sure they go in with all the required documents, but still the CO found some missing docs or ones that needed to be recent (3 months old). For that reason, we had to submit additional docs which delayed the whole process.

Mom ended up getting her visa issued August 1. No updates on Dad yet. So please make sure you go to the interview with updated docs (Recent family registration, recent individual registration, recent no objection from police, birth certificate that is official from the Government - also, in case you have a joint sponsor who is married, make sure you have the completed and signed I-864A between sponsor and household member).

Another thing- my parents were given a 221g refusal sheet and asked to submit more documents. The instruction specified to submit documents via Aramex. They did exactly as instructed and then received a call from the Embassy saying that they need to scan the documents and upload them on the CEAC portal first. So all documents were sent back to us and we had to upload and submit them online, and then send everything back to them through Aramex. So in case you are required to submit more documents, please make sure you clarify the process with the CO before the end of your interview.   

Just make sure you go over prepared. Better than missing anything that will delay your process. 

On another note, has anyone in Beirut received an immigrant or non-immigrant visa in Beirut since August 1, 2019? 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, hope&patience00 said:

Sharing below some information with those who have interviews coming up in Beirut. 

My parents had their interview in Beirut end of June 2019. We had made sure they go in with all the required documents, but still the CO found some missing docs or ones that needed to be recent (3 months old). For that reason, we had to submit additional docs which delayed the whole process.

Mom ended up getting her visa issued August 1. No updates on Dad yet. So please make sure you go to the interview with updated docs (Recent family registration, recent individual registration, recent no objection from police, birth certificate that is official from the Government - also, in case you have a joint sponsor who is married, make sure you have the completed and signed I-864A between sponsor and household member).

Another thing- my parents were given a 221g refusal sheet and asked to submit more documents. The instruction specified to submit documents via Aramex. They did exactly as instructed and then received a call from the Embassy saying that they need to scan the documents and upload them on the CEAC portal first. So all documents were sent back to us and we had to upload and submit them online, and then send everything back to them through Aramex. So in case you are required to submit more documents, please make sure you clarify the process with the CO before the end of your interview.   

Just make sure you go over prepared. Better than missing anything that will delay your process. 

On another note, has anyone in Beirut received an immigrant or non-immigrant visa in Beirut since August 1, 2019? 

Edited by mazenkanso

Timeline

are you sure that documents have to be not more than 3 months old? because when the embassy called us today for us to prepare our documents, we asked them how old our civil documents maximum have to be and they precisely stated not more than 6 months old.

please can you clarify, thanks

2 minutes ago, mazenkanso said:

are you sure that documents have to be not more than 3 months old? because when the embassy called us today for us to prepare our documents, we asked them how old our civil documents maximum have to be and they precisely stated not more than 6 months old.

Timeline
4 hours ago, mazenkanso said:

Hi Mazen, sorry 6 months old - will fix it in the comment. 

Here's also a useful link:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/BRT-Beirut.html#pre_interview_checklist

Timeline
5 hours ago, hope&patience00 said:

Since I cannot edit my initial post - I am updating and re-sharing it. The initial post stated that some documents need to be (3 months old). They have to be issued within the last 6 months not 3 months. Apologies. 

--

5 hours ago, hope&patience00 said:

My parents had their interview in Beirut end of June 2019. We had made sure they go in with all the required documents, but still the CO found some missing docs or ones that needed to be recent (6 months old). For that reason, we had to submit additional docs which delayed the whole process.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
11 minutes ago, donyaf24 said:

Our case is finally in Lebanon, received the interview letter today. Interview is October 7,2019🙏🏼 Thank goodness! Wish you all the best of luck :)

good luck , hope all goes well

Timeline

we had our f4 family based interview on september 12 and at the end of the interview , the CO asked one family member to to fill and submit in the ds-5535 form.

now our case is under administrative process  😞😞

Timeline
26 minutes ago, hope&patience00 said:

I'm still waiting for my father's immigrant visa update. 

No feedback from the embassy at all!

His case is stuck on ready for interview.

His interview was Jun 27. 

Hello,

was his interview in lebanon ?

What type of visa ?

Also was his passport returned to him and was he asked to fill the ds5535?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, mazenkanso said:

Hello,

was his interview in lebanon ?

What type of visa ?

Also was his passport returned to him and was he asked to fill the ds5535?

Hi Mazen,

His interview was in Beirut, Lebanon. 

Visa type IR5. Parent of US Citizen. 

His passport is at the embassy and he wasn't asked to fill any forms. He was just given a 221g paper and asked to submit some documents which he did. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, hope&patience00 said:

Hi Mazen,

His interview was in Beirut, Lebanon. 

Visa type IR5. Parent of US Citizen. 

His passport is at the embassy and he wasn't asked to fill any forms. He was just given a 221g paper and asked to submit some documents which he did. 

Hello again,

From reading other posts, it should not exceed 60 days.

I am sure you have contacted the embassy,  otherwise you should.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.