S-S

Administrative review after interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

My fiance had the interview for k1 and k2 visas last week in Madrid. They jumped his order number and left him for last, he was the last person interviewed that day, there was nobody else in the consulate. He was with his son but the child was not asked anything and asked to sit down. I was also in the consulate but they did not call me for the interview. The COย asked my fiancรฉ many questions about the child, about him, and about the relationship. All questions were answered without difficulty since we have an authentic relationship.ย Sheย did not ask about wedding plans or future plans in the United States. Sheย also asked him to show pictures of the relationship, the officer looked at some of them. After more than 45 minutes ofย interview, sheย kept the passports and told my fiance that the case needed more review and that he would receive the passports with the visas or any other determination on the case by mail. They did not give him any letter or document.

ย 

We did not see this coming because we have a real relationship, which lasts more than a year and a half, we have seen each other 18 times during that period of time, we have traveled to different countries on vacation, we are both originally from the same country and city (we are both Cubanย but now my fiance is also Spanishย citizen and lives in Spain), we are both Doctors, our families have met and shared time together. My fiancรฉ has never been to the United States and therefore has not violated any immigration law; his criminal record is completely clean. The affidavitย of support far exceeds the established limits because I (the petitioner) practice Medicine in the United States and I have a very high income.

ย 

The only possible negative elements are that my fiance was denied a tourist visa in the past and therefore can not travel with ESTA (visa exemption) either. Could it be considered as a negative or particular element that we areย a gay couple?

ย 

Since the interviewย the case appears in CEAC as NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION, status: Application received.

ย 

I would likeย to hear opinions about the reason for this revision, and what the final result might be.ย 

Thank you very much in advance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ap is normal and everyone goes through it.

ย 

did they take the passports or did they give them back to your fiance

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019ย ย ย  NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019ย ย ย ย ย  Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019ย ย ย  APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

ย 

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

ย 

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20ย ย ย ย  Mailed packet

4/12/20 ย  NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ย 

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

ย 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You could drive yourselves crazy trying to figure out all of the possible reasons for any possible issues in your case. :wacko::hehe:ย The one good thing that you seemed to lightlyย gloss over is that the CO kept the passports! If there was something fundamentally wrong in your visa application, the CO would likely have just returned the passports to you.ย 

ย 

There is nothing more that you can do now, except wait. It will do you no good to keep perseverating about the interview, trying to "divine out" any potential issues. Calm down !!

You paid the price for admission to this meeting, now you just have to wait until a decision has been make. Hopefully it is in your favor. If there is an issue, hopefully it is easily remedied.

ย 

Good luck on your immigration journey. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

ย 

ย 

ย 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pitaya (็ซ้พ™ๆžœ) said:

You could drive yourselves crazy trying to figure out all of the possible reasons for any possible issues in your case. :wacko::hehe:ย The one good thing that you seemed to lightlyย gloss over is that the CO kept the passports! If there was something fundamentally wrong in your visa application, the CO would likely have just returned the passports to you.ย 

ย 

There is nothing more that you can do now, except wait. It will do you no good to keep perseverating about the interview, trying to "divine out" any potential issues. Calm down !!

You paid the price for admission to this meeting, now you just have to wait until a decision has been make. Hopefully it is in your favor. If there is an issue, hopefully it is easily remedied.

ย 

Good luck on your immigration journey. :thumbs:

Thank you very much. You are right, we have to wait.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, S-S said:

They kept the passports

sounds like everything is good. it does not sound like there are any red flags or anything to be concerned about.ย 

ย 

relax and know that soon enough, you will be together and getting married. its tough waiting, but youre almost there!ย 

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019ย ย ย  NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019ย ย ย ย ย  Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019ย ย ย  APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

ย 

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

ย 

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20ย ย ย ย  Mailed packet

4/12/20 ย  NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ย 

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

ย 

Timeline
Just now, debbiedoo said:

sounds like everything is good. it does not sound like there are any red flags or anything to be concerned about.ย 

ย 

relax and know that soon enough, you will be together and getting married. its tough waiting, but youre almost there!ย 

Thanks a lot, we hope everything will be ok.

49 minutes ago, S-S said:

K1 and K2 visas approved after 3 days of administrative processing.

CEAC updated today to issued

Congratulations!

Reading the thread it sounded to me like the person who did the interview perhaps didn't have the authority to approve immediately (you said everyone else had left) so had to run it past someone else first.

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

ย 

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

ย 

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Limey said:

Congratulations!

Reading the thread it sounded to me like the person who did the interview perhaps didn't have the authority to approve immediately (you said everyone else had left) so had to run it past someone else first.

Thank you very much ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.