waka1

How do I obtain Philippine Real Estate transactions online

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Need info for ongoing C case. My ex liberated a large sum of money from our joint accounts and transferred it to the Philippines. I know the name and address of  previous owner in California, as I paid her a years rental in advance. My ex very much wanted to buy that house and I suspect she pulled something off.

She a pro...lol,  I'll give her that

Thanks,

Waka1

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Online access to a real estate transaction in the Philippines ...     :rofl:  

You do know the Philippines is still using carbon paper? (press hard 4 copies)  :lol:     And you are hoping for online real estate transactions ?

Ya you got me laughing for sure ..   when we were completing a purchase of real estate in the Philippines, we flew over and my wife spent weeks/months just running from one government entity to another with wads of paper (and money).   Many months later a deed eventually showed up.      

Online?    .. okay I won't laugh anymore.   Sorry.

Quick question.  You pre-paid for a years rent? Do you have a lease?  The lease hasn't expired?   You should have valid right of possession to that property ...  of course if the lease is in both your's and the EX's name .. so does she (and she may be the new landlord from what you are saying).   

Sorry to hear your EX took you to the cleaners .. 

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Agree with Hank.  We bought land in the Philippines a couple of months ago and nothing was online all 4 copy Carbons and that was with a large development company.  Further we don't expect a deed or title or anything for about a year.    So ONLINE seems a non-starter.    However,  you do have some interesting options perhaps.  If your EX is Filipina and you registered the marriage in the Philippines than unless she took the step of actually registering the divorce in the Philippines then she would have been still married to you at the time of transfer of Money to the Philippines which means you could find a decent lawyer in the Philippines and possibly retrieve that money since she would not be allowed to purchase land in the Philippines without your permission or possibly you could take possession of the land or dispute the title.   In short, you may have options in the Philippines if you act quickly depending on the circumstances.  

8 hours ago, JE57 said:

Agree with Hank.  We bought land in the Philippines a couple of months ago and nothing was online all 4 copy Carbons and that was with a large development company.  Further we don't expect a deed or title or anything for about a year.    So ONLINE seems a non-starter.    However,  you do have some interesting options perhaps.  If your EX is Filipina and you registered the marriage in the Philippines than unless she took the step of actually registering the divorce in the Philippines then she would have been still married to you at the time of transfer of Money to the Philippines which means you could find a decent lawyer in the Philippines and possibly retrieve that money since she would not be allowed to purchase land in the Philippines without your permission or possibly you could take possession of the land or dispute the title.   In short, you may have options in the Philippines if you act quickly depending on the circumstances.  

Unless she dies, or he's a dual national Philippines citizen he won't be taking possession of any Philippines property. Foreigners cannot own land in the Philippines

10 hours ago, JE57 said:

I agree if he wants to press the issue and get things tied up in court.  Kinda depends on how much money was liberated and how much time and effort and cash he wants to put into it. 

ChickBoy

Filed: Timeline

Well in every cloud there's a silver lining. All the trials in the past 2 years has only made me stronger better person. Every step of judicial the way she's got caught lying and has lost face. In the end, losing money is a lot less painful than losing your soul. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, jskibo said:

Unless she dies, or he's a dual national Philippines citizen he won't be taking possession of any Philippines property. Foreigners cannot own land in the Philippines

Yes a very good point.  Foreigners can not own land in the Philippines  Certainly I of all people should have remembered that given how much it would have helped us if I could have owned the land instead of her.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.