Henry1

Foreign Legion

50 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

FYI just came across this statement on the state department site 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

Important Notice on Missing Documents: If a required document is unavailable per the country-specific guidelines in the Document Finder tool, you do not need to submit them to NVC. However, if you cannot obtain a required document for another reason, you must submit a detailed written explanation to NVC when you submit your other documents. The consular officer will then determine at the time of the visa interview whether you must obtain the missing document before a visa can be issued. As a general rule, any document that is listed as “available” on the Document Finder tool must be reviewed by a consular officer. Failure to obtain all required documents will delay your case.

So as this would pertain to your question, calling USCIS will be useless as they will not be able to answer the question for you it is part of the processing with the State Department. The only way to get an answer is to basically reach the final step of the visa process. They specifically say that failure to obtain all documents will delay your case so basically you can expect to receive a 221(g) at the interview and be moved into administrative processing until someone at some point, could be days could be years, makes a decision 

RThat's a very interesting find, designguy.

Yes, I understand, it would be hard to get anyone from USCIS to give any verdict on my involvement with FL, but would be interesting to know their way of thinking about such cases.

It would also be interesting to have access to their "Document Finding Tool" to see what it says about FL and availability of their documents, if I said I could not obtain them, despite calling and sending emails.

It would also be good to have access to an immigration lawyer who used work at USCIS, and who would know how this know kind of case would be dealt with.

I'm happy to pay for a professional advice as long as I know I can rely on this advice.

I might actually start looking for a US based immigration lawyer with experience of working at USCIS, who would be able to answer my questions.

2 hours ago, Henry1 said:

It would also be interesting to have access to their "Document Finding Tool" to see what it says about FL and availability of their documents, if I said I could not obtain them, despite calling and sending emails.

That’s the easiest question to answer for anyone who has been through a green card process. If it says you can get them, you need them. You weren’t told they were not available, correct? You were told to email for them? We’ve seen here before people trying to use the “but the embassy didn’t respond” excuse. 212g refusal every time. 

On 7/7/2019 at 7:12 AM, Henry1 said:

I wanted to get copies of my documents from FL, I phoned them, and was asked to send an email to the address they provided, and I would get my copy.

That means they are available. That means you need them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.