derrickmd18

medical to interview timeframe

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

my fiance is going to the medical on july 5th and on the 8th.  the interview is the 11th.  is that to little time for the results to get to the embassy or do they give her the results and she takes them to the embassy

49 minutes ago, derrickmd18 said:

my fiance is going to the medical on july 5th and on the 8th.  the interview is the 11th.  is that to little time for the results to get to the embassy or do they give her the results and she takes them to the embassy

They give her the results and she takes them to the embassy. Unless there are problems that come up during her medical. We have my fiancé over a week before she did her interview since she had 4 vaccines and we wanted to make sure she didn’t have any side effects. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, derrickmd18 said:

Your fiancee will hand carry her medical file/envelope to the interview.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 hours ago, derrickmd18 said:

Nope, it's not too little time, as everyone else said the medical results are hand carried by the patient unless they are under Sputum examinations for 2 months or direct observational therapy at SLEC for 6 months after that due to previously undiagnosed or improperly treated TB. Giving your fiancee at least 24 hrs between the medical and interview is prudent in case the embassy needs to be notified of cancellation due to issues with the medical in order to reschedule the appointment. 

In an ideal world where nothing goes wrong the medical exam can be started in Manila just over three days before the interview, but to me it would be best to start about 4 days before so that there is that 24 hr buffer if needed to notify the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That’s enough time.  Fiancée had medical June 25th and 26th and interview on 27th.  I wouldn’t advise cutting it this close due to the stress but since they hand you the results it’s doable.  If you need sputum it’s going to be several weeks anyway so the several day buffer you have makes sense.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.