Jump to content
Kacey8361

Entering US after interview

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Ok, so I am In Alberta, going to be interviewing in Montreal, and then moving to Boston once everything is approved. 

 

For logistical purposes only, has anyone ever seen an instance where the interviewee is able to enter US a few days after interview. For me, this would make soooooooo much more sense, rather than flying 8 hours in the opposite direction, only to have to double back get to my place of landing. 

 

Thanks for the input everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, it took a good week or two to get the visa after approval. 


AwLw.pngAvg5.pngkjam.pngNS7L.png6HPt.pnguVbv.pngk3G8.png 

 

N400 - Naturalization

Aug 05, 2018 (Day 1): Applied for Naturalization online

Aug 06, 2018 (Day 2): Check Cashed, NOA1 received online

Aug 11, 2018 (Day 6): Received notification that Biometrics appointment scheduled

Aug 13, 2018 (Day 8): Received biometrics appt letter online

Aug 28, 2018 (Day 23): Biometrics Appt

May 06, 2019 (Day 274): In Line For Interview

Jun 11, 2019 (Day 311): Interview Date

July 01, 2019 (Day 327) : Oath Ceremony I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

 

FROM K-1 PETITION SENT TO OATH CEREMONY WAS ABOUT 7 YEARS 4 MONTHS

 

TO SEE MY FULL TIMELINE GO HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/125109-cdnon-usavt/

 

"that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding." -Colossians 2:2-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kacey8361 said:

Ok, so I am In Alberta, going to be interviewing in Montreal, and then moving to Boston once everything is approved. 

 

For logistical purposes only, has anyone ever seen an instance where the interviewee is able to enter US a few days after interview. For me, this would make soooooooo much more sense, rather than flying 8 hours in the opposite direction, only to have to double back get to my place of landing. 

 

Thanks for the input everyone. 

I did my interview on Wednesday May 21, had my visa in hand on Friday May 23rd. So yes you could get it back very fast depending on how far you live from Montreal or wherever you set your "send" place when you filled out your DS-160.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, purem4g1c said:

I did my interview on Wednesday May 21, had my visa in hand on Friday May 23rd. So yes you could get it back very fast depending on how far you live from Montreal or wherever you set your "send" place when you filled out your DS-160.

That’s incredible. I was just planning on ‘hotel-ing’ it for a few days while I wait - putting the ‘send to’ address as the hotels concierge. Would save me a boat load of money as flying 8 hrs home just for a few days then going allllllllll the way back when I can simply just book a flight/bus/bus or train straight to Boston. 

 

Thanks for the input

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could take a few days, it could take a few weeks.  It's a bit of a dice roll really. 


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NikLR said:

It could take a few days, it could take a few weeks.  It's a bit of a dice roll really. 

It’s true! Do you know if they offer you the option to pick up your passport when ready?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Kacey8361 said:

It’s true! Do you know if they offer you the option to pick up your passport when ready?

No you have to have it couriered to a location.  


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Kacey8361 said:

That’s incredible. I was just planning on ‘hotel-ing’ it for a few days while I wait - putting the ‘send to’ address as the hotels concierge. Would save me a boat load of money as flying 8 hrs home just for a few days then going allllllllll the way back when I can simply just book a flight/bus/bus or train straight to Boston. 

 

Thanks for the input

If you we're born INSIDE of Canada, with no problems on your record, you will probably get your visa back very fast. If you we're born OUTSIDE of Canada it could take quite awhile to get your passport back.

Edited by purem4g1c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, purem4g1c said:

If you we're born INSIDE of Canada, with no problems on your record, you will probably get your visa back very fast. If you we're born OUTSIDE of Canada it could take quite awhile to get your passport back.

That’s good to know. I’m a born & raised Canadian with a “good girl” Record 🙌🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...