Rebeccalee

If I apply my parents B2 visa before I apply K1, will it affect my K1 in the future?

11 posts in this topic

My mom applied B2 visa on beginning of June this year but she got rejected. I wanna try one more time -- apply my parents together for B2.  We really wanna travel together this summer. 

We didn't summit any document for my K1 application yet. We wanna wait for their visa first. Whatever pass or reject, we will summit K1 later. 

But there's one of the attorney said,  my parents application will affect my K1 in the future. The officer would think my parents wanna using my marriage to reach their immigration purpose. 

He suggested us to stop my parents application now (But I already summit the application and got the interview date). 

My question, 

1) Is my parents B2 application really affect my K1 visa in the future?

2) If yes, how can I do now? I already booked the interview date. If I cancelled now, will it affect also?

3) If yes affect, can I apply the IR 1 visa?  or any other suggestion?

I'm not really understand about the attorney concern. But As I know, even if the officer really think like my parents using me, but if they apply in the legal way, it would be ok, right? 

Edited by Rebeccalee
didn't finishe yet

1 hour ago, Rebeccalee said:

My mom applied B2 visa on beginning of June this year but she got rejected. I wanna try one more time -- apply my parents together for B2.  We really wanna travel together this summer. 

We didn't summit any document for my K1 application yet. We wanna wait for their visa first. Whatever pass or reject, we will summit K1 later. 

But there's one of the attorney said,  my parents application will affect my K1 in the future. The officer would think my parents wanna using my marriage to reach their immigration purpose. 

He suggested us to stop my parents application now (But I already summit the application and got the interview date). 

My question, 

1) Is my parents B2 application really affect my K1 visa in the future?

2) If yes, how can I do now? I already booked the interview date. If I cancelled now, will it affect also?

3) If yes affect, can I apply the IR 1 visa?  or any other suggestion?

I'm not really understand about the attorney concern. But As I know, even if the officer really think like my parents using me, but if they apply in the legal way, it would be ok, right? 

It shouldn't affect your K-1, since K-1 applicants are presumed to have immigrant intent.

I would guess that your parents reapplying one month later for a B-2 visa will result in another rejection, but that is your $160 to spend.

2 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

It shouldn't affect your K-1, since K-1 applicants are presumed to have immigrant intent.

I would guess that your parents reapplying one month later for a B-2 visa will result in another rejection, but that is your $160 to spend.

Thank you.  I'm more comfortable  to hear that. 

I just called another agency just now, they said same. It shouldn't affect my K1. 

For my parents B2, because I'm worried about after I applied K1, it would be much more difficult for them to get B2. So I wanna try one more time. It doesn't matter pass or not. Just try. lol..........

I agree with @Jorgedig that your parent's B2 visa will not affect your K1. And to clarify it will be your parents applying for the B2, not you. People can not apply for other people's visitor visas. 

Also, if your mom just applied last month and turns around a reapplies, it is likely going to be another denial. Her circumstances hasn't changed in this month so what would be the compelling reason for her to overcome immigrant intent. Her applying with her husband does not disprove immigrant intent.

But they are free to apply. Let us know how it goes. Hopefully, they will get lucky.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

15 hours ago, Unlockable said:

I agree with @Jorgedig that your parent's B2 visa will not affect your K1. And to clarify it will be your parents applying for the B2, not you. People can not apply for other people's visitor visas. 

Also, if your mom just applied last month and turns around a reapplies, it is likely going to be another denial. Her circumstances hasn't changed in this month so what would be the compelling reason for her to overcome immigrant intent. Her applying with her husband does not disprove immigrant intent.

But they are free to apply. Let us know how it goes. Hopefully, they will get lucky.

Thank you. 

For my mom's visa, I believed last time the agency make some mistake on her 160 form. That's why I wanna try one more time...... they will interview around end of July. I will update after that. 

14 hours ago, Gomast said:

Will you also apply for a B2 visa, before applying for the K-1?

Not for my B2 visa but for my parents

56 minutes ago, Rebeccalee said:

For my mom's visa, I believed last time the agency make some mistake on her 160 form. That's why I wanna try one more time......

"Mistake"?  What would that have been?

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

"Mistake"?  What would that have been?

I'm not quite sure. Because my mom is retired person, but the agency didn't fill any working history information on her file. However the interviewer asked my mom about her working information and then rejected. So I guess that's the problem.......

4 minutes ago, Rebeccalee said:

I'm not quite sure. Because my mom is retired person, but the agency didn't fill any working history information on her file. However the interviewer asked my mom about her working information and then rejected. So I guess that's the problem.......

Ah.  An agency can only provide whatever info they are given by the applicant.  How would they know her details?  Probably best not to go through an agency anyway.

And they wouldn't reject specifically because she is retired.  They reject because they deemed her to be an overstay risk due to lack of ties to her country.  Ties can be things other than a job though.

Edited by Jorgedig

2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Ah.  An agency can only provide whatever info they are given by the applicant.  How would they know her details?  Probably best not to go through an agency anyway.

And they wouldn't reject specifically because she is retired.  They reject because they deemed her to be an overstay risk due to lack of ties to her country.  Ties can be things other than a job though.

Yes. I cannot book the good time for my mom's interview (She only has 10 days to interview before she go to travel)  and that's why I finally choose the agency. I asked them about my mom's information what we should provide them before they fill the form. But anyway I think you're right,  maybe it's not only because her working history......I need to find out more details.....

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.