Nekz2015

The ever so dreaded 221g

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everyone~,

My mother's interview was yesterday in Manila/USEM and unfortunately received a 221(g) form with needing to provide additional documents. 😭😨 I've been looking thru VJ but wasn't quite sure as to the procedure.  My Mom wasn't quite clear as what do to herself but was told to upload documents via CEAC and something about sending via 2go.  I need a helping hand here...😖  (Please see the attached pictures - the instructions I'm getting from her and what's on this piece of paper isnt matching!!).

1.) After uploading additional documents onto CEAC, how will I know that they've accepted those documents by MNL? Will the status show accepted?

2.) Once accepted, my mother need to send HER original documents, passport , 221g letter (does it need to be the original?) and 2go confirmation letter?  (EMBASSY is also asking for additional documents from my end but I'm assuming she doesn't have to send original of those).

3.) do we check the 2go website to see the updates if VISA is approved, issued or not?

4.) how long does it usually take.

This is such heartache 😫

Thanks everyone.

Nekz

221g.JPG

instructions 1.JPG

instructions 2.JPG

instructions 3.JPG

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nekz2015 said:

Hi Everyone~,

My mother's interview was yesterday in Manila/USEM and unfortunately received a 221(g) form with needing to provide additional documents. 😭😨 I've been looking thru VJ but wasn't quite sure as to the procedure.  My Mom wasn't quite clear as what do to herself but was told to upload documents via CEAC and something about sending via 2go.  I need a helping hand here...😖  (Please see the attached pictures - the instructions I'm getting from her and what's on this piece of paper isnt matching!!).

1.) After uploading additional documents onto CEAC, how will I know that they've accepted those documents by MNL? Will the status show accepted?

2.) Once accepted, my mother need to send HER original documents, passport , 221g letter (does it need to be the original?) and 2go confirmation letter?  (EMBASSY is also asking for additional documents from my end but I'm assuming she doesn't have to send original of those).

3.) do we check the 2go website to see the updates if VISA is approved, issued or not?

4.) how long does it usually take.

This is such heartache 😫

Thanks everyone.

Nekz

I am not sure if you will get an accepted notice from CEAC after uploading documents - this process is fairly new and we haven't gotten much feedback on this.

Yes to sending back the original 221g letter with her passport and documents.

Once the embassy has received everything they have requested expect another couple weeks of waiting.

After the Interview DID YOU RECEIVE A 221g for requested documents?

If after the interview you were given an instructions sheet requesting additional document(s) and also instructions to go to www.ustraveldocs.com?  The web link may be a little incomplete.  (Hopefully the embassy will update this sheet to include a more direct web address)

The website you need are listed below:

Basic instructions:  http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-documentsubmissioninfo.asp 

Drop off locations:  
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-loc-documentdropoff.asp

Submission Letter:  http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/IV_221g_submission_slip.pdf

TRACKING STATUS and Delivery by 2GO, info is near the bottom of this page

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I'm not sure why it's dreaded....it just means they need some documents in this case. Send the documents, wait a little again so they can review the documents and complete processing. then the visa will be issued if there are no outstanding issues.

Good luck.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

With respect to the wait time after submitting the documents, in our case my fiance sent in her passport with a corrected CENOMAR (her father's name was misspelled), the embassy received it on June 7th via 2go. Since June 7th her case has had 4 updates but still showing in "Administrative Processing" today, which is July 1st.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, s75h said:

With respect to the wait time after submitting the documents, in our case my fiance sent in her passport with a corrected CENOMAR (her father's name was misspelled), the embassy received it on June 7th via 2go. Since June 7th her case has had 4 updates but still showing in "Administrative Processing" today, which is July 1st.

Yup .. AP can be weeks or months.   There are no set "rules or timelines" for sure.

Sorry to hear y'all are still waiting.  And the 4th is coming up to boot.   Hope you get your visa soon.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

@Pillows sorry for the super late response.  After we received the 221g, I went ahead and uploaded the documents needed and got our my mother's passport together with the visa back to us on july 19th (she was in cebu). Came to the states on Aug 9th. it was quicker than I thought!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.