Alex&Jen

Honduras Embassy during attack from May 31, 2019

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I am waiting on my interview date. Is there anyone else in the same boat as me and my husband. Everything is ready, but due to the attack on the U.S. Embassy on May 31st, they have cancelled all interviews and not scheduling any new interviews. It would be nice to hear from people who are also experiencing hardship right now due to what Honduras is going through right now. I just purchased my tickets to go be with my husband in July, and praying we can get an interview in while I am down there. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
3 hours ago, mooremanda said:

Yes! I feel your pain!  The embassy is supposed to open back up today (July 8). And they are supposed to resume scheduling and re-scheduling things. 

Are you going through the Embassy in Honduras as well? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Honduras
Timeline

My husband has his interview today. We were notified 06/04/2019 of the interview and had a very short time to prepare.

Edited by cynmarchoa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Shelbi said:

Ours was June 25th and was rescheduled to July 25th

did you find out today about the reschedule?  When I try to schedule an interview is says there are none available. Did you have to look everyday to see if there were dates available when you scheduled yours? 

11 hours ago, cynmarchoa said:

My husband has his interview today. We were notified 06/04/2019 of the interview and had a very short time to prepare.

good luck!!!!

Timeline
11 hours ago, mooremanda said:

did you find out today about the reschedule?  When I try to schedule an interview is says there are none available. Did you have to look everyday to see if there were dates available when you scheduled yours? 

good luck!!!!

Everything went well and he was approved they were very fast and efficient. The only problem we had was with Dr. Claudia Bravo at Honduras Medical Center she refused to see my husband because she said his passport was too dark. She said she had the authority from immigration to critique the passports and told my husband that the embassy would not accept his passport. We freaked out, that appointment was the 5th and his interview date was the 10th. We tried all day to get a new passport but were told that there was nothing wrong with the one he had. Long story short we ended up in San Pedro Sula at Clinica Cemesa with Dr. Fernando Valerio and everything went well. Had I given up and listened to that woman my husband would be at the back if the line again. Good luck everyone!  

Edited by cynmarchoa

Timeline
On 7/8/2019 at 11:19 AM, mooremanda said:

Yes! Waiting on an interview date.  Im really hoping the date will be sooner rather than later.  We are nervous about the whole interview process! 

Have your paperwork un order and there are no issues. My husband said everyone was nice and helpful and they asked 3 questions. Good luck!

On 7/10/2019 at 7:48 PM, mooremanda said:

good luck!!!!

We were notified to reschedule our appointment the Friday before they opened back up. We got an email. I think right now they are doing interviews for the ones that were canceled and will do new ones after maybe. I’m not sure. there was only one date for us to pick and it was the same date as the one we had in June. Goodluck to all of you!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

How long did you waited to get an interview date after the NVC approved all the civil/economic support documents and pay all the  fees ?

Based on individual experience 

I got an email on August 30th from the  NVC saying that they were working with the USA consulate to schedule an appointment .

I am just wondering how much longer I have to wait.

Thank you for your help 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.