Rachel&Mommy

N400 snapshot has the wrong answer checked.

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, my n400 interview is in a little less than two weeks so I was checking the snapshot and found out Part 2. Q4 about name change has NO checked when we are certainly sure we checked YES, I want to have my husband last name on my naturalization certificate, I applied based on the 3 years rule, It does say the name we want though. I have 3 last names and I just want to have 1 (my husband) so it is the only change we want. 

What should we do?

20190627_160457.jpg

9 minutes ago, AlfNel23 said:

What should we do?

No big deal. During the interview, after you pass everything, they will ask again if you change your mind about the name change or not. So you can just talk to them there. 

8 minutes ago, AlfNel23 said:

Also we just had our 2nd child and he is not listed on the application, how do we add him, does that even matter?

Just bring his birth certificate. They probably will make a copy of that for the file, and that's that. 

19 minutes ago, little immigrant said:

During your interview you'll go through your application and fix any mistakes. 

FYI your marriage certificate already gives you legal permission to take your husband's name. 

Thank you so much, so part 2.4 does not apply for me?

Do I just tell them I want my name and my husband's last name on the naturalization certificate?

15 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

No big deal. During the interview, after you pass everything, they will ask again if you change your mind about the name change or not. So you can just talk to them there. 

Just bring his birth certificate. They probably will make a copy of that for the file, and that's that. 

Thank you for the help. So now I can relax. I already know the 100 questions and answers but these doubts were eating my mind lol. Thank you

We got married in my country and our marriage certificate only has my maiden name.,

Social security, GC and passport has my 3 last name, (My father last name, my mom last name and my husband last name at the end) You can't only have your husband last name in my country.

Example:

First name: Raquel

Last name: Rodriguez Matos de Feliz 

Lol 

And now I just want to be Raquel Feliz

When we went to open my back account they said my name had two be as in my GC and SS so I haven't been able to only use my name in legal paperwork. Though my credit cards have my marriage name only.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 hours ago, AlfNel23 said:

We got married in my country and our marriage certificate only has my maiden name.,

Social security, GC and passport has my 3 last name, (My father last name, my mom last name and my husband last name at the end) You can't only have your husband last name in my country.

Example:

First name: Raquel

Last name: Rodriguez Matos de Feliz 

Lol 

And now I just want to be Raquel Feliz

In the US most marriage certificates only have maiden names, you can still use them as name change documents. Most name changes during the naturalization process are for "americanizing" names - you could've changed your name when you got married.

4 hours ago, Mollie09 said:

In the US most marriage certificates only have maiden names, you can still use them as name change documents. Most name changes during the naturalization process are for "americanizing" names - you could've changed your name when you got married.

Hahaha you made my day "Americanizing" 

Thanks for the help. Everything is clear now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.