Jump to content
AlfNel23

N400 snapshot has the wrong answer checked.

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, my n400 interview is in a little less than two weeks so I was checking the snapshot and found out Part 2. Q4 about name change has NO checked when we are certainly sure we checked YES, I want to have my husband last name on my naturalization certificate, I applied based on the 3 years rule, It does say the name we want though. I have 3 last names and I just want to have 1 (my husband) so it is the only change we want. 

 

What should we do?

20190627_160457.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AlfNel23 said:

What should we do?

No big deal. During the interview, after you pass everything, they will ask again if you change your mind about the name change or not. So you can just talk to them there. 

 

8 minutes ago, AlfNel23 said:

Also we just had our 2nd child and he is not listed on the application, how do we add him, does that even matter?

Just bring his birth certificate. They probably will make a copy of that for the file, and that's that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, little immigrant said:

During your interview you'll go through your application and fix any mistakes. 

 

FYI your marriage certificate already gives you legal permission to take your husband's name. 

Thank you so much, so part 2.4 does not apply for me?

 

Do I just tell them I want my name and my husband's last name on the naturalization certificate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

No big deal. During the interview, after you pass everything, they will ask again if you change your mind about the name change or not. So you can just talk to them there. 

 

Just bring his birth certificate. They probably will make a copy of that for the file, and that's that. 

Thank you for the help. So now I can relax. I already know the 100 questions and answers but these doubts were eating my mind lol. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AlfNel23 said:

Thank you so much, so part 2.4 does not apply for me?

 

Do I just tell them I want my name and my husband's last name on the naturalization certificate?

I don't see why not. You could have already used your husband's name since marriage. 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got married in my country and our marriage certificate only has my maiden name.,

 

Social security, GC and passport has my 3 last name, (My father last name, my mom last name and my husband last name at the end) You can't only have your husband last name in my country.

 

Example:

First name: Raquel

Last name: Rodriguez Matos de Feliz 

Lol 

 

And now I just want to be Raquel Feliz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we went to open my back account they said my name had two be as in my GC and SS so I haven't been able to only use my name in legal paperwork. Though my credit cards have my marriage name only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AlfNel23 said:

We got married in my country and our marriage certificate only has my maiden name.,

 

Social security, GC and passport has my 3 last name, (My father last name, my mom last name and my husband last name at the end) You can't only have your husband last name in my country.

 

Example:

First name: Raquel

Last name: Rodriguez Matos de Feliz 

Lol 

 

And now I just want to be Raquel Feliz

In the US most marriage certificates only have maiden names, you can still use them as name change documents. Most name changes during the naturalization process are for "americanizing" names - you could've changed your name when you got married.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mollie09 said:

In the US most marriage certificates only have maiden names, you can still use them as name change documents. Most name changes during the naturalization process are for "americanizing" names - you could've changed your name when you got married.

Hahaha you made my day "Americanizing" 

 

Thanks for the help. Everything is clear now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...