A and F Brazil

[Brazil] Visa Approved - Should we have paid any fee for shipping it?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello guys, 
we both as a couple are really grateful with this forum. You helped us a lot with the K1 process. We had our interview at Jun 18th and we're approved.

Now my doubt is if should we have paid any specific fee for the shipping of the visa to my city?
The interview was on Rio, as everyone, but we have chosen take the visa at Recife - PE by CSRA (I have to take the visa in the same CASV that I went to take the pictures + scan my fingers). The status of the VISA on CEAC is Issued. I'm worried about if we should have paid a specific fee of shipping  to the CASV and we've forgotten. We are waiting the visa since when we were approved in the interview at Jun 18th and get nothing yet.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Congrats!

To answer your question, no there isn't a fee to pay to ship the passport. You will be notified when the passport is available to be picked up. It does take a little while from the issued date to get shipped and then for them to notify you to schedule an appointment to come and pick it up. I would give it 7-10 days (not counting US or Brazilian holidays) for it to be ready to pick-up. Then start calling if you don't hear anything. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congrats!  As told before, you  will receive an email once the passport is ready to be picked up.  It only took a week for my wife and I so hopefully it goes quick for you as well! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Moon&Stars said:

Congrats!

To answer your question, no there isn't a fee to pay to ship the passport. You will be notified when the passport is available to be picked up. It does take a little while from the issued date to get shipped and then for them to notify you to schedule an appointment to come and pick it up. I would give it 7-10 days (not counting US or Brazilian holidays) for it to be ready to pick-up. Then start calling if you don't hear anything. 

If it's status "issued" means so they haven't ship it yet?

Timeline
18 hours ago, p-ana said:

Issued will be the last status update on ceac.

soon you will receive an email for the pickup. Give them at least a week.

I know that sometimes happens that tht Visa get there and they have a delay to send a email. Could I call CASV and ask?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.