HannahSF

Anyone else waiting for an interview in Auckland?

75 posts in this topic

I emailed the Auckland consulate and they said "We have already been allocated our July appointment schedule from the NVC and your case file is unfortunately not among the list of applicants." It's possible I'll get an interview in August or September. Ugh such a painful wait, hopefully I'll get a August interview date 

Hey Captain Chickpea, I'm really surprised your lawyer said it would only take two weeks. Perhaps they were thinking of the London office where this is often the case. For Auckland it looks like it almost always takes a month and more often now two months to hear of a date. I get how stressful it is, I started this process in the beginning of 2018 so it's been a long wait. For me it's actually my work applying but my boyfriend is back in San Francisco so it's been tough spending so much time apart. I'm also contracting for my company but it really sucks working remotely especially when trying to manage people, I can't wait to just get back and get into the swing of things. 

On a positive note though I really think you'll hear next month about an interview in August and that's just round the corner. I wouldn't worry about anything being wrong as your case seems very typical, people just get excited and want to hear earlier. The NVC states they typically book interviews within 60 days of your case being confirmed/documents qualified so there's lots of variation for everyone 

As with all things immigration, it fluctuates. Last year, my husband's interview was 17 days after the petition arrived at the Auckland consulate.  They wanted to do it sooner, but he was away on the South Island working.

Also last year, 129f petitions were typically taking 6 months to approve; today it is half that time.

It all comes out in the wash.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I also expect for an interview in Auckland, hopefully can get it in August as well.

Still waiting for CC after resubmitted 1 doc though.

Edited by vince88

3 minutes ago, vince88 said:

I also expect for an interview in Auckland, hopefully can get it in August as well.

Still waiting for CC after resubmitted 1 doc though.

That's frustrating, not to be a let down but from what I'm seeing it's taking around two months to get an interview date. A user called Chickpea has been waiting since her CC date May 15th. Fingers crossed things will speed up a bit  

Timeline
7 minutes ago, HannahSF said:

That's frustrating, not to be a let down but from what I'm seeing it's taking around two months to get an interview date. A user called Chickpea has been waiting since her CC date May 15th. Fingers crossed things will speed up a bit  

Yeah, I know that feeling but it's still a lot better than dealing with INZ 😂 

Hopefully they can improve the speed as based on the monthly IV stats they're not a very busy consulate so it's really strange to see they're pretty slow.....

12 minutes ago, vince88 said:

Yeah, I know that feeling but it's still a lot better than dealing with INZ 😂 

Hopefully they can improve the speed as based on the monthly IV stats they're not a very busy consulate so it's really strange to see they're pretty slow.....

Yeah typically it was just a one month wait to get an interview date, which would be much nicer. I think it's probably all the Summer J1's that are limiting the amount of available times.  Funny how the last months are the hardest to endure, I started this process Feb 2018 

Timeline
57 minutes ago, HannahSF said:

Yeah typically it was just a one month wait to get an interview date, which would be much nicer. I think it's probably all the Summer J1's that are limiting the amount of available times.  Funny how the last months are the hardest to endure, I started this process Feb 2018 

That could be the reason!! there's an influx of J1 and B1/B2 visa at this time of the year but based on the previous year stats, the demand started to slow down in August and September. Hopefully we all can secured the August date or by the latest September for me.....

Edited by vince88

On 7/4/2019 at 11:41 AM, vince88 said:

That could be the reason!! there's an influx of J1 and B1/B2 visa at this time of the year but based on the previous year stats, the demand started to slow down in August and September. Hopefully we all can secured the August date or by the latest September for me.....

Chickpea just got their interview scheduled for August 8th! Her confirmed date was May 16th. I'm really hoping I get a late August one, although I'm wondering if they send email notification of Auckland interviews all on the same day.. ?  I guess if she got early August that's a good sign there weren't too many cases ahead of her

Timeline

That's great!! you'll get it in no time as well....

I think they'll still scheduling through the month, probably you can try to e-mail the Consulate. Last month my relative got her IL towards the end of the month but it's in a different country.

On 7/11/2019 at 7:17 AM, vince88 said:

That's great!! you'll get it in no time as well....

I think they'll still scheduling through the month, probably you can try to e-mail the Consulate. Last month my relative got her IL towards the end of the month but it's in a different country.

Hmm I'm still waiting and this was the consulates response yesterday. "We have yet to receive our August schedule from the NVC.  We may receive it in the next few days, as applicants are notified of their scheduled interview appointment date ahead of the interviewing post." I suspect they are essentially doing it month by month of the CC date. I have a feeling my interview date will most likely be in Sep

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi HannahSF,

have you got any update from the Consulate/NVC regarding your IL? it seems there are some retrogression on the employment category for the month of August and could delay your IL if your PD is not current. Hopefully it can clears out on September.

Edited by vince88

32 minutes ago, vince88 said:

Hi HannahSF,

have you got any update from the Consulate/NVC regarding your IL? it seems there are some retrogression on the employment category for the month of August and could delay your IL if your PD is not current. Hopefully it can clears out on September.

Hey Vince88, yeah retrogression, the worst! I'm delayed now. I should be current again in Oct at the beginning of their fiscal year. Hoping they'll book my date in Oct for a Nov interview, Oct would obviously be much better but I'm doubtful that will happen. Congrats on CC! Hope they schedule you next month for a September interview! Keep me posted :)   

Timeline

There's still a possibility for your PD to be back to current on September and get the IL mid next month!! just keep optimistic....

A user said that she get her IL when the PD was current the following month so anything can happen :)

best of luck for both of us!!

Edited by vince88

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.