HannahSF

Anyone else waiting for an interview in Auckland?

75 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
6 minutes ago, PeterL said:

Good to know. Thank you!

i guess the request will be coming from Local Consulate? email notice?

yes, they'll send you all the details with the medical forms after you've been appointed the interview date.

Hey @vince88 another thing I was wondering do we need the US passport sized photos or NZ sized? On my emails from the consulate they ask for NZ sized but from the NVC and here - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/ACK-Auckland.html it asks for the American ones 

Timeline
1 hour ago, HannahSF said:

Hey @vince88 another thing I was wondering do we need the US passport sized photos or NZ sized? On my emails from the consulate they ask for NZ sized but from the NVC and here - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/ACK-Auckland.html it asks for the American ones 

It can be either. I used nz sized in my case though. 

But tbh, they don't need the photos since we've uploaded it in our ceac portal. They just returned my photos last time. All we need is just 5 photos for the medicals.

21 hours ago, vince88 said:

It can be either. I used nz sized in my case though. 

But tbh, they don't need the photos since we've uploaded it in our ceac portal. They just returned my photos last time. All we need is just 5 photos for the medicals.

Interesting, for my application it didn't ask me to upload photos online. I just ended up getting both NZ and US sized photos so I'll have no troubles on the day :)

Timeline

just received our passports with visa labels yesterday, they sent it on Friday. I think it took them about 2-3 working days to issued the visa and another 1-2 days to send it back to us.

1 hour ago, vince88 said:

just received our passports with visa labels yesterday, they sent it on Friday. I think it took them about 2-3 working days to issued the visa and another 1-2 days to send it back to us.

Woohoo! You flying out soon? I think I'm going to book my flights for two weeks after my interview 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, HannahSF said:

Woohoo! You flying out soon? I think I'm going to book my flights for two weeks after my interview 

I'm flying there late november just before thanksgiving. Still got some work to finish down here :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I called NVC today, and they're looking at documents from Oct 1, so if yours were the 6th, not too long until they look at you. Mine were from September, but unfortunately they asked us to send the police docs now, not the interview, so we had to resend. NVC told me we now won't be looked at until our new date (which is Oct 26th).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.