HannahSF

Anyone else waiting for an interview in Auckland?

75 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2019 at 2:23 PM, vince88 said:

There's still a possibility for your PD to be back to current on September and get the IL mid next month!! just keep optimistic....

A user said that she get her IL when the PD was current the following month so anything can happen :)

best of luck for both of us!!

Hey Vince! Any updates? Bulletin is out for Sep but I'm EB3 and still not current, was as expected though. Have my fingers crossed so tightly for being current in Oct

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I'm still waiting for my IL. A user got IL last Monday for an interview in Auckland and she has the same CC date as me!! but she's IR1/CR1 category....

Probably, NVC still waiting for the visa bulletin report for the numerically limited category before they can send out the IL. On the bright side, I guess Auckland has cleared the backlog.

Hopefully your PD will be current next month as the filing date for EB3 is still current

Edited by vince88

Timeline

Hi @HannahSF ,  at last I've got the IL just now. Things is moving now with Auckland. I reckon you'll get the IL as soon as your PD become current again.

Edited by vince88

On 8/22/2019 at 2:02 PM, vince88 said:

Hi @HannahSF ,  at last I've got the IL just now. Things is moving now with Auckland. I reckon you'll get the IL as soon as your PD become current again.

WOOHOOO! That's awesome! Congratulations. Would be amazing if I got my IL next month when the Oct Bulletin comes out, fingers crossed!! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2019 at 9:02 AM, vince88 said:

I got my interview date! Oct 17th, super happy. Question, when did you get the medical forms from the consulate? My interview letter told me to book the appointment but the doctors office said I should receive some forms from the consulate first?

Timeline
1 hour ago, HannahSF said:

I got my interview date! Oct 17th, super happy. Question, when did you get the medical forms from the consulate? My interview letter told me to book the appointment but the doctors office said I should receive some forms from the consulate first?

That's awesome!! Congratulations for getting it...

Last time I emailed the consulate to send the forms but you need to check the status of your case first. They need to received the case from the NVC before they can send the forms. Normally it takes 1-2 days for the NVC to send the case to the consulate.

18 hours ago, vince88 said:

That's awesome!! Congratulations for getting it...

Last time I emailed the consulate to send the forms but you need to check the status of your case first. They need to received the case from the NVC before they can send the forms. Normally it takes 1-2 days for the NVC to send the case to the consulate.

Ok perfect! I'll contact them next week if I haven't heard anything

Timeline
1 hour ago, HannahSF said:

Ok perfect! I'll contact them next week if I haven't heard anything

as soon as your case status is "Ready" on CEAC then you can e-mail them and ask to send the forms to you.

Edited by vince88

Timeline
16 hours ago, HannahSF said:

Got all my things from the consulate! How did your interview go?

I think it went quite well and now just waiting for the visa but not sure how long they gonna processed it. The officer said she wants to approved it straight away but there's some error on their system and she can't review it at that time, other than that everything is okay and they keep our passports.

Guess I can only wait and hoping not gonna be long. My status went to AP straight after the interview.

Hope the best for you as well!!

4 hours ago, PeterL said:

Hi, Vince88, mine is also F4, how was the interview? What kind of questions they asked? Thanks

the interview only lasted less than 5 mins and only 2 questions asked. She asked how my sister (the petitioner) come to the US the first time and when's the last time I met her and that's it. 

Edited by vince88

10 minutes ago, vince88 said:

I think it went quite well and now just waiting for the visa but not sure how long they gonna processed it. The officer said she wants to approved it straight away but there's some error on their system and she can't review it at that time, other than that everything is okay and they keep our passports.

Guess I can only wait and hoping not gonna be long. My status went to AP straight after the interview.

Hope the best for you as well!!

the interview only lasted less than 5 mins and only 2 questions asked. She asked how my sister (the petitioner) come to the US the first time and when's the last time I met her and that's it. 

Thanks Vince!!! Congratulations and hope you will get the visa back soon.

You noted " the status went to AP straight after the interview". What is this status, and where to check? Seems they did not check any documents? Thanks again

Timeline
3 minutes ago, PeterL said:

Thanks Vince!!! Congratulations and hope you will get the visa back soon.

You noted " the status went to AP straight after the interview". What is this status, and where to check? Seems they did not check any documents? Thanks again

you can check your status on CEAC website and 2 weeks prior to your interview you'll be asked to send all the required docs to them so they can preview it and tell you if they need additional docs. On the interview day it seems they didn't check any of my docs anymore and just returned the original to me. 

Edited by vince88

3 minutes ago, vince88 said:

you can check your status on CEAC website and 2 weeks prior to your interview you'll be asked to send all the required docs to them so they can preview it and tell you if they need additional docs. On the interview day it seems they didn't check any of my docs anymore and just returned the original to me. 

Oh, I did not know 2 weeks before interview, I need to upload docs again. So basically, I will upload all the docs again? (same docs when I first time uploaded to CEAC, before DQ?)

Timeline
10 minutes ago, PeterL said:

Oh, I did not know 2 weeks before interview, I need to upload docs again. So basically, I will upload all the docs again? (same docs when I first time uploaded to CEAC, before DQ?)

no, you'll need to send all the original and copies of the required docs to the Consulate. You can do this either drop it there or courier it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.