dzmichellebkt

Transit Visas

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi everyone! My husband is Algerian. I'm wondering if there is a central website that shows which countries need transit visas and which don't? It's hard to book flights when I'm not sure where he will need one and where he won't. Thanks in advance!

• Spoiler

• Met 09/2016
    • Engaged 11/2016
    • Moved to Algiers, Algeria 03/17/2017
    • Married in Algeria 07/26/2017
    • Decided to relocate back to the US in 08/2018
    • Currently still living in Algeria as of 09/20/2018
    • Mailed petition to FL to be sent by friend to USCIS 09/23/2018
    • Petition sent to Chicago Lockbox 09/27/2018
    • USPS shows Petition delivered to Chicago Lockbox 09/29/2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, dzmichellebkt said:

Hi everyone! My husband is Algerian. I'm wondering if there is a central website that shows which countries need transit visas and which don't? It's hard to book flights when I'm not sure where he will need one and where he won't. Thanks in advance!

My husband is also Algerian. He flew through Frankfurt  and did not need a transit visa.  

But you have to look at the specific airport (or country) websites to determine if a transit visa is needed.

Edited by janet3

Timeline
2 minutes ago, janet3 said:

He flew through Frankfurt  and did not need a transit visa.  

Ok, thank you! When did he fly through there? And he has only an Algerian passport?

• Spoiler

• Met 09/2016
    • Engaged 11/2016

Timeline
4 minutes ago, dzmichellebkt said:

Ok, thank you! When did he fly through there? And he has only an Algerian passport?

He came here on a k1 visa in November 2017. He flew on Lufthansa. But yes, he only had his passport with the k1 in ithe passport. Where will his port of entry be? And what airlines are you looking at?

Edited by janet3

Timeline

Actually Lufthansa and hopefully Tampa, Florida. I always fly Lufthansa from Algeria and it's good pricing so I'll check Frankfurt. Thank you again. :)

• Spoiler

• Met 09/2016
    • Engaged 11/2016

Timeline
Just now, dzmichellebkt said:

Actually Lufthansa and hopefully Tampa, Florida. I always fly Lufthansa from Algeria and it's good pricing so I'll check Frankfurt. Thank you again. :)

I believe that most of the major hubs for Lufthansa (the ones in Europe besides Great Britain) do not require a transit visa. But check the country and airport.....

In addition....if he does fly Lufthansa....you can get on the lufthansa website and put all of the details of the visa in so he will just need to “check in” at the airport (because those of us who have traveled through the Algerian airport can know what a nightmare that can be). 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

do  not need transit visa if changing planes in FRance and have a valid US visa 

that is unless buying 2 part ticket (one to paris and picking up a new one to the US or if changing airports in Paris)

if by any chance going thru canada   apply online at 

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/transit/apply.html

no fee

ohttps://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/transit/apply.htmlnline at 

Timeline
17 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

do  not need transit visa if changing planes in FRance and have a valid US visa 

that is unless buying 2 part ticket (one to paris and picking up a new one to the US or if changing airports in Paris)

if by any chance going thru canada   apply online at 

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/transit/apply.html

no fee

ohttps://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/transit/apply.htmlnline at 

Thank you so much!

• Spoiler

• Met 09/2016
    • Engaged 11/2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.