visaq123

Questions for packet

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

My fiance has been to the USA for the past two summers and is here currently. He lives at the same address every summer.

-Am I able to write that in the extra sheet? Should I fill out an extra slot for each summer, even thought it is the same address? or can I just write all three summer dates on the extra lines? 

-What does it mean to reside somewhere? If  I went abroad for 4 months, does that count as living somewhere? 

-Should my photos be in a plastic baggie?

-I do not have any evidence of our calls, my call log ends recently, any suggestions?

-Does anyone have experience with just submitting photos and flight proof? I am worried it is not enough. 

Sorry I am all over the place, I am freaking out trying to get this packet submitted. I would hate to be declined for a mistake on the form. 

Thanks in advance!

6 minutes ago, visaq123 said:

Hi everyone,

My fiance has been to the USA for the past two summers and is here currently. He lives at the same address every summer.

-Am I able to write that in the extra sheet? Should I fill out an extra slot for each summer, even thought it is the same address? or can I just write all three summer dates on the extra lines? 

-What does it mean to reside somewhere? If  I went abroad for 4 months, does that count as living somewhere? 

-I do not have any evidence of our calls, my call log ends recently, any suggestions?

-Does anyone have experience with just submitting photos and flight proof? I am worried it is not enough. 

Sorry I am all over the place, I am freaking out trying to get this packet submitted. I would hate to be declined for a mistake on the form. 

Thanks in advance!

Are you using the guides here as well as the instructions/checklist on the USCIS website?

Edited by Jorgedig

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
19 minutes ago, visaq123 said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!

- Suggest just writing the same thing each summer, i.e. 3 times. Just give them what they want.

- I lived abroad under a tourist visa. I didn't mention those accommodations. I believe they're more interested in long-term living situations. But that's just my view. Better to call the authorities and ask.

- We paper-clipped our photos. No baggie.

- I didn't submit call logs. 

- I submitted a pair of boarding passes for our vacation and 3 photos throughout 2 years. Then again, I think my case is pretty clear-cut, we dated nearly 4 years prior to application, visited each other many, many times. No RFE. At the K1 interview, I brought chat logs, call logs, letters, cards, photos of gifts received etc. The officer didn't even ask for them. Better to be prepared though! We didn't frontload our package, because it's just gonna waste time. Give them what they asked for: proof you guys met. 

all the best!

Edited by toocold

~ 

24 minutes ago, toocold said:

- Suggest just writing the same thing each summer, i.e. 3 times. Just give them what they want.

- I lived abroad under a tourist visa. I didn't mention those accommodations. I believe they're more interested in long-term living situations. But that's just my view. Better to call the authorities and ask.

- We paper-clipped our photos. No baggie.

- I didn't submit call logs. 

- I submitted a pair of boarding passes for our vacation and 3 photos throughout 2 years. Then again, I think my case is pretty clear-cut, we dated nearly 4 years prior to application, visited each other many, many times. No RFE. At the K1 interview, I brought chat logs, call logs, letters, cards, photos of gifts received etc. The officer didn't even ask for them. Better to be prepared though! We didn't frontload our package, because it's just gonna waste time. Give them what they asked for: proof you guys met. 

all the best!

thank you so much for all the info!! i bet i sound crazy and all over the place. how did you put your whole packet together ? and did you fill out an extra sheet for how you met? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, visaq123 said:

thank you so much for all the info!! i bet i sound crazy and all over the place. how did you put your whole packet together ? and did you fill out an extra sheet for how you met? 

Neat and orderly 

No extra sheet 

YMMV

45 minutes ago, visaq123 said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, 

also wondering how you put your packet together? and did anyone attach a word document about how you met and all the times you have visited each other? for question 54 (circumstances of meeting) did you straight forward say we met here on this date or am i supposed to elaborate ?

My fiancé and I physically met ( within the 2 year requirement) about a year after started talking. should i write that somewhere ? im confused on how they will even know our story. 

thanks again!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
2 minutes ago, visaq123 said:

You're fine. Don't worry about it. Yep, like what another VJer said, neat and orderly. This is their first impression of you. Make sure it's professional. If they see mess and chaos, some prejudice might come into play. 

Just print everything out in order, use paper clips when needed, make sure there are no staple bullets, no dog ears, no weird coffee stains, no strange smells. 

Our 'how we met' section was around 2-3 short lines: Toocold and her fiance first met in [Insert country here] on [Month Date Year]. We continued dating after. The last time we saw each other in person was in [Insert Country here] in [Month, Year]. 

My personal view is that they really don't care thaaaattt much about some crazy love story. They wanna know you've seen each other in person in the last 2 years. The truth is, anyone can write 5 paragraphs. Proof of action is better than words. 

~ 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, visaq123 said:

Hi everyone, 

also wondering how you put your packet together? and did anyone attach a word document about how you met and all the times you have visited each other? for question 54 (circumstances of meeting) did you straight forward say we met here on this date or am i supposed to elaborate ?

My fiancé and I physically met ( within the 2 year requirement) about a year after started talking. should i write that somewhere ? im confused on how they will even know our story. 

thanks again!

If your answer will not fit on the form in the space provided,  then you should rethink your response 

YMMV

9 minutes ago, visaq123 said:

Hi everyone, 

thanks again!

We did not attach an extra sheet.  We did not even explain how we originally met, we just listed the dates of our visits in the space provided on the form, and attached copies of our passport stamps with those dates.

1 hour ago, visaq123 said:

I do not have any evidence of our calls, my call log ends recently, any suggestions?

Not required or necessary. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.