Marti&Tyler

Italy: booking an appointment with the new website

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone and thank you for all the great content and precious help provided!

The ceac.state.gov website says that my case (K1) "is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center." Starting with the fact that no date has been given to me (I just received an email redirecting me to the http://nvc.state.gov/k1 and saying that my package is in transit), I tried to still gather information from the Naples Consulate website. They suggest - on the Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants - to gather a series of documents and that, once ready, to go to the Official U.S. VISA information and appointment services and schedule the immigrant visa appointment.

I did that and at first they ask:

image.png.fbf8d577e167994bcd4b403d0309e7d8.png

To which I selected the first one (as it's what it says on the CEAC site (Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center), and then registered for an account.

Then, they ask for what type of service that you need:

image.png.de789f20714a89d41b38295891adab80.png

If I select the third option (schedule a K visa appointment) they take me to another page, where they ask for case number and DS-160 number (which I have). Should I just go ahead and "Create Applicant" to proceed with the interview scheduling process or will some other piece of information come from the NVC?

Or maybe is the Naples consulate that will call/email us alter on?

I have read that stating January 2019 they have this new all-online system, from which you are even able to download the P3 Package yourself without waiting for them to send it to you (with all the required information for the interview and the medical exam).

I am very doubtful on the next step to take. And slightly terrified to jeopardize our otherwise smooth process so far.

Perhaps @Meipudi, since you've just been recently through that, do you have any insights?

I-129F package sent - December 26, 2018

NOA1 - January 7th, 2019

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Hey! I have just went through this process and my interview is on 25.06 .

thing where they write that they provied you with day is not applicable to you since you are K-1. It is only for CR1 visa.

i selected schedule k1 appointment, made a new applicant and went through all steps required. After you proceed with payment you will see available interview days. 

Consulate sent me package P3 via email (which was a bit mess at instructions which they sent to me were like from 2016-17) but i have updated P3 from January 2019 (got from this forum) and new affidavit of support (on official website) and used those!

P.S: but i did all this only after my case had READY status on Ceac. website. Because after it ja ready they sent you package p3 and you are sure they really have it and its not lost or smth.

Edited by Margo2017777

Timeline

Thank you so much for your answer @Margo2017777!

I just checked and it says READY! I have everything already ready for P3, do you think I should still wait for their email?

I am sorry, I am just SO excited!!!

NOA1 - January 7th, 2019

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Marti&Tyler said:

Thank you so much for your answer @Margo2017777!

I just checked and it says READY! I have everything already ready for P3, do you think I should still wait for their email?

I am sorry, I am just SO excited!!!

I understand you completely :) And this excitement will grow more when you know your interview date)  I would say yes, wait. Mine came super quickly after case showed ready status. But it was sent to petitioner (not to me (I am beneficiary)). 

When I was choosing date there were pleeenty of free slots.. Literally, the whole June. So, I am sure they already opened slots for July as well.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Yes we did! The Naples Consulate wrote us an email:

Good Afternoon,

We have received your approved petition from the National Visa Center. Please refer to the attached information packet for directions on how to proceed. Please note that the fiance visa fee is $256 and the medical fee is 220 euro.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Section

US Consulate General

Naples, Italy

Attached there was a zip file with several files (none really useful really, since all the information can be found on the Naples Consulate website: https://it.usembassy.gov/it/visti/iv/k1/) the only relevant info was that you don't have to schedule the medical, but that it must take place the day before the interview. You just have to show up at the Istituto Varelli.

I hope this is useful!

NOA1 - January 7th, 2019

Timeline
1 minute ago, Marti&Tyler said:

Yes we did! The Naples Consulate wrote us an email:

Attached there was a zip file with several files (none really useful really, since all the information can be found on the Naples Consulate website: https://it.usembassy.gov/it/visti/iv/k1/) the only relevant info was that you don't have to schedule the medical, but that it must take place the day before the interview. You just have to show up at the Istituto Varelli.

I hope this is useful!

Thanks! And congrats on the approval! Our interview is next week :) ...we never got a a real “Packet 3”. When I called the consulate a while ago asking about it they just sent us a duplicate email of the interview appointment confirmation. Lol. We were already confident we had everything we needed without their email. Thank goodness for visa journey!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Emmandis said:

Thanks! And congrats on the approval! Our interview is next week :) ...we never got a a real “Packet 3”. When I called the consulate a while ago asking about it they just sent us a duplicate email of the interview appointment confirmation. Lol. We were already confident we had everything we needed without their email. Thank goodness for visa journey!

FOR REALS!!! During my interview there were other 6 K1 applicants and NONE of them ever heard of VisaJourney. When they saw my binder, my notes and printouts from the site they were so shocked!

I must admit I overprepared for the interview... but safe is better than sorry!

Good luck for your interview! 

NOA1 - January 7th, 2019

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Marti&Tyler said:

FOR REALS!!! During my interview there were other 6 K1 applicants and NONE of them ever heard of VisaJourney. When they saw my binder, my notes and printouts from the site they were so shocked!

I must admit I overprepared for the interview... but safe is better than sorry!

Good luck for your interview! 

Wow! I wonder what their outcome was. ...It seems like most of the horror stories that I see on here are from people that discover this site AFTER they go to the interview underprepared. I’m still surprised that so many go to the interview without tax documents or even an affidavit of support and wonder why they get the 221G!

Timeline

The scariest one was from a lady who asked me if they kept my phone and usb as well at the Embassy entrance. I said "yes, of course. They keep all electronics before entering the consulate". Well, she had EVERYTHING on her hard drive at the entrance stall, except for her passport and the original documents that she retrieved in Italy (casellario, carichi pendenti and certificato di nascita) all other documents that had been either scanned or sent through email (pictures, IRS, NOA2, ...) were in digital form.

She was mad and offended at the officer. I was petrified.

I wondered how that turned out...  I was the first one both at Istituto Varelli and the Consulate, so I was free to go before 9am both days!

Edited by Marti&Tyler

NOA1 - January 7th, 2019

Timeline
On 7/17/2019 at 1:21 AM, Emmandis said:

That's so crazy! ...Good thing you got an early appointment time!

Although they give you a time for the appointment, both the medical and the interview are on a first come first serve basis! 

NOA1 - January 7th, 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.