Shibuya Kid

I-134/Letter of Employment and reschedule interview questions

9 posts in this topic

Hello. So I sent my fiance all the documents via FedEx (wet signed everything) for the interview we had originally planned the end of April. Unfortunately my fiance failed her medical x-ray and we are expecting to wait the 2 months starting from April 25th then we also canceled her interview which was suppose to be a few days after the medical. I then visited her in the beginning of May to spend time with her and her family. 1 week after I came back from visiting her I finally got offered a promotion and new position in my company that I've been working hard to get which of course I accepted. Also, St. Luke's called her 2 weeks ago and freaked us out but said to come in on July 4th instead of June 25th for the medical results (they told us currently no signs of sputum culture being positive which is a good sign😀)

My questions are:

1. Do I need to provide a new I-134 and a new letter of employment? I asked HR for a new letter of employment and they said that I should just send them my acceptance letter which states my new income and start date and it does show my company's name on it. But there is no signature from HR on that document. I would have 2 pay stubs with my new income already sent to her by then. If you suggest yes then do I need to wet sign and send again or send through pdf email? She would have my old original wet signed with her just in case.

2. We are hoping to have her interview the week after her medical results. Would it be safe or risky setting up the interview already?

I hope my scenario and questions make sense. I'm interested to see your responses and thank you to everyone in advance!

Edited by Shibuya Kid

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Shibuya Kid said:

Hello. So I sent my fiance all the documents via FedEx (wet signed everything) for the interview we had originally planned the end of April. Unfortunately my fiance failed her medical x-ray and we are expecting to wait the 2 months starting from April 25th then we also canceled her interview which was suppose to be a few days after the medical. I then visited her in the beginning of May to spend time with her and her family. 1 week after I came back from visiting her I finally got offered a promotion and new position in my company that I've been working hard to get which of course I accepted. Also, St. Luke's called her 2 weeks ago and freaked us out but said to come in on July 4th instead of June 25th for the medical results (they told us currently no signs of sputum culture being positive which is a good sign😀)

My questions are:

1. Do I need to provide a new I-134 and a new letter of employment? I asked HR for a new letter of employment and they said that I should just send them my acceptance letter which states my new income and start date and it does show my company's name on it. But there is no signature from HR on that document. I would have 2 pay stubs with my new income already sent to her by then. If you suggest yes then do I need to wet sign and send again or send through pdf email? She would have my old original wet signed with her just in case.

2. We are hoping to have her interview the week after her medical results. Would it be safe or risky setting up the interview already?

I hope my scenario and questions make sense. I'm interested to see your responses and thank you to everyone in advance!

If you can't obtain a new letter of employment, think you'll be okay. Manila embassy is notorious for not asking for I-134 or supporting documents (i don't know why as I think they should be honestly) so. At most I'd give updated pay stubs, can email these and your fiance print them, so if they ask your both prepared for it. 

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Shibuya Kid said:

My questions are:

1.  Don't need the employment letter,  you only need an employment letter if you are a new employee (less that a year), you got a promotion and pay raise no big deal.     As for the I-134, it should be fine as long as your income meets the I-864P guidelines.   If you wanted to send a new I-134 you could simply email a scanned copy .. wet signature is not required.  

2.  If you are at the end of the 60 days for SPUTUM and all is good, then you should be fine to get an interview date scheduled.   

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Shibuya Kid said:

Thank you for your answers. One last question. Once she passes her 60 days for sputum, do you happen to know how long it takes for St. Luke's to give the results to the embassy? I am worried about them not receiving her results in time for the Tuesday interview date after. 

Again much appreciated for your help.

Your fiancee will not be allowed to hand carry the medical file after SPUTUM, so I would go by the old rule of 5-7 days after the medical for the interview

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 3 weeks later...

@Shibuya Kid Looks you and I are in the same batch (starting from NVC) my fiancee goes back to SLEC on July 1 (provided we get through this last week)!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

25 minutes ago, Shibuya Kid said:

Hey Sarge. Good luck and I'm rooting for you guys! Hoping all goes well and your fiance is here soon! 

I'm  rooting for you too my friend, hoping all goes well for you as well!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.