Jump to content
chxakx

Mother's first name discrepancy

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate section to post my question but it's specifically about my birth certificate from PSA.

 

We're in the process of applying for K1 petition. I just want to ask if I will encounter problems if my mother's first name is misspelled on my birth certificate? (for example: "Edytha" on my birth certificate and baptismal certificate, but her real name and everything on her documents is "Edyta"). I applied for US visas (J1 and B2) before and put "Edyta" as my mother's name on the DS-160. Now I'm worried that it might affect my interview phase when they need my birth certificate, whenever that will be. I read some posts here that one person had her mother's nickname on her birth certificate and she didn't encounter any problems at all. Do I just need to get an affidavit of discrepancy? I just want to be sure so I can address it while there's still plenty of time.

 

Thank you so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

You may not have any issues with the typo of your mother's name on your BC.    Biggest concern is that your name be correct.

 

But if you want it corrected you need to file a petition with the local civil registry office of the city or municipality where the birth is registered.

 

Here is info from PSA 

 

https://psa.gov.ph/civilregistration/problems-and-solutions/wrong-spelling-0


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy  : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

 

 

You may not have any issues with the typo of your mother's name on your BC.    Biggest concern is that your name be correct.

 

But if you want it corrected you need to file a petition with the local civil registry office of the city or municipality where the birth is registered.

 

Here is info from PSA 

 

https://psa.gov.ph/civilregistration/problems-and-solutions/wrong-spelling-0

Thank you so much for the information, sir!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Your mom is not applying for a Visa,  you are.  If your information is correct (names, birthday etc..) then you should expect no difficulty 

I figured. I was just worried because I saw a post somewhere about their speculations (one of them was somehow similar to my case) on why someone was having a hard time at the embassy phase. Thank you so much, sir! 

Edited by chxakx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, chxakx said:

Hello. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate section to post my question but it's specifically about my birth certificate from PSA.

 

We're in the process of applying for K1 petition. I just want to ask if I will encounter problems if my mother's first name is misspelled on my birth certificate? (for example: "Edytha" on my birth certificate and baptismal certificate, but her real name and everything on her documents is "Edyta"). I applied for US visas (J1 and B2) before and put "Edyta" as my mother's name on the DS-160. Now I'm worried that it might affect my interview phase when they need my birth certificate, whenever that will be. I read some posts here that one person had her mother's nickname on her birth certificate and she didn't encounter any problems at all. Do I just need to get an affidavit of discrepancy? I just want to be sure so I can address it while there's still plenty of time.

 

Thank you so much.

There's a typo in my birth certificate too. Apparently, my mother's name has atleast 8 variations. No two documents have the same spelling of her name. Not even my mom's passport, voters i.d., and PSA birth cert. One document says "rosife", other says "rosefe" other says "rose fe", other says "rosie fe", etc.

As a result, my birth cert too has a messed up spelling of her name. My sisters too. 

 

Probably, nobody in this world knows the real spelling of her name. (My grandparents are already dead).

 

I got my b1, b1/b2, k1 Visa, as well as, greencard with zero issues.

Edited by SB5130

Pinoy Ako! ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SB5130 said:

There's a typo in my birth certificate too. Apparently, my mother's name has atleast 8 variations. No two documents have the same spelling of her name. Not even my mom's passport, voters i.d., and PSA birth cert. One document says "rosife", other says "rosefe" other says "rose fe", other says "rosie fe", etc.

As a result, my birth cert too has a messed up spelling of her name. My sisters too. 

 

Probably, nobody in this world knows the real spelling of her name. (My grandparents are already dead).

 

I got my b1, b1/b2, k1 Visa, as well as, greencard with zero issues.

More fun in the Philippines! Lol. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my post. I was hoping for a firsthand experience answer like yours. I definitely feel much better now. Haha. I've been bugging my mom for days.

 

Thank you so much! God bless you. ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...